MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vavan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

I want to trade in my MPV. Dealer is giving me $4000 for it. It is in average to good condition. No accidents, 3 dings (rear bumper and side door). Is the a fair price?
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

check sites like kbb.com to get a general idea. $4K seems low but there are a bunch of other circumstances that may play into the pricing (e.g. softness in market, etc)
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Dan-jan

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Don't know if it matters anymore, but www.nada.com was very helpful to me when I bought my used MPV in January in assessing values. I paid $4,300 for a 2003 LX with 109,000 miles and thought that was a good deal in my area of the country. I think $4,000 sounds quite low. I'd have sure paid you more than that!!! I bought my van off of Craigslist - you may try selling there.
2003 MPV LX - 235k miles
1951 Willys CJ3A
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Best to look up in NADA or KBB for you area. It can really change from place to place. But for S&G's I just did my 03. Granted, I've only got 48500 miles on it......

Suggested retail value
$10,015 on KBB

$9,175 on NADA

48500 miles, DVD, roof rack, towing, PSD, rear air. This was retail value, not trade in. Trade in will kill you..... Especially today.

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

in general you get more selling rather then a trade
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
mkuki

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

I just bought 2004 LX with 60K, dual power slider doors, remote starter, 4 seasons package, and rear a/c from a NH wholesaler for $5K

so there may be not much room to negotiate. KBB & NADA are buncha crap...we are in a struggling econ, their prices take a while to adjust

2004 MPV LX
burleymike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

I will be paying for my 03 with 76k tomorrow. I got it for $6750 from the original owner with all the records. If you are the original owner and have all the records you should be able to do better than that selling on your own.

A lot of people like me, perfer to buy directly from the original owner, it is even better if you have service records and a carfax report included.

The dealer I haggled with today had from what I can tell from the stock number about $6500 into the MPV that they wanted $9899 out of. They took it in as a trade.

I don't know if NADA and KBB have updated their values for the current economic situation. It also depneds on where you live. We traveled 600 miles to grandmas house to buy. The economy here is much worse than where we live. Where we live car sales and the overall economy are not as slow as here so prices are higher and selection is not as good.
et16

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Edmunds.com is also a good site to check for current values.
susa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Just started a thread on my 98 here <click>

The 98 MPV has 88k original miles, 86k driven by me and I've been offered 6800-7400 cash by four separate people.

Then again, of course I think my car is special but seems that a much newer model would sell for more, especially if you have detailed service records and a log with dates and receipts of all service and parts. That REALLY sells a car in my area.
BudmanTom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

I know this is an old thread but it was 2nd from the top so I thought I would respond even though the OP has done what he is going to do.

In my opinion asking is X a fair trade in value is not enough information.... if you are buying a $12k 2004 Chevy Cavalier and the dealers is giving you $4k on your trade you are getting ripped off, on the other hand if you are buying a 2006 Nissan Pathfinder for $6k and you are getting $4k as your trade in you are doing pretty well....

I know when I was growing-up it would drive me crazy because my friend would brag about how great they did on their trade-ins yet they were getting hosed on the vehicle they were buying.

Alright.... I'm done with my rant and I feel better Smile

2004 Mazda MPX LX / 1999 Mazda Miata
iggyES
MPV n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

IMO the MPV's value has dropped significantly over the last year+.

Several months ago my local Mazda dealer offered me 7k for an 04 ES with 74k. Some scratches and door dings of course but tires and brakes were excellent. My problem was being $2500 upside down from paying right around 15k back in Feb of 07 which was a decent price from a dealer at the time.

At the time approx 7.2k was the KBB for my MPV in good condition. I just checked again over the Holiday break and it's now 6.1k. Now I'm only upside down 1.2k.

So I guess I'm at the point of cut my losses now or run 'er into the ground. lol Seeing that I just bought a dedicated set of snow tires/wheels for her, I've chosen the latter. Smile

2004 Titanium Grey Metallic ES
-Silverstar turn signals in front + chrome turn signals in back = no more egg yolk effect
-JDM (ebay) rain visors
-Blue Batmobile custom vinyl overlays
-215/65/16 Kumho KW22's on 16x7 MB Seven X wheels for winter use

mOoCoW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

look on craigslist to compare. also go to other shops and see what they would pay for it.
Go ahead push my "why?" button. I dare you. whyagent.com *FYI, I'm helping spread this link around for State Farm
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Another option is to visit a CarMax if one is near you. They will inspect it and make an offer. Probably close to what trade in would be.

2003MPV-LX wrote:
Best to look up in NADA or KBB for you area. It can really change from place to place. But for S&G's I just did my 03. Granted, I've only got 48500 miles on it......

Suggested retail value
$10,015 on KBB

$9,175 on NADA

48500 miles, DVD, roof rack, towing, PSD, rear air. This was retail value, not trade in. Trade in will kill you..... Especially today.

I decieded at look mine up again since it's been a little over a year. Added another 10k miles to it. KBB is now $9290 retail. But I know it would never get that, might get close on a private sale. My low mileage helps.

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
temepyt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: 2004 MPV with 84,000 miles. Opinion on trade in value Reply with quote

Trade in - never!!! Don't let a dealer make thousands off your car, sell it reasonably as a private party.
2002 ES
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: