MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

I've tried going into each of the threads still listed, clicking on a few pages or posts, also tried "Mark all posts as read". Still show up. Doesn't matter the browser, IE or Mozilla, and their respective cache's have been emptied.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

14 permanent unread threads now.... Sad

-Brian

Alex

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

subearu wrote:
14 permanent unread threads now.... Sad

-Brian

Ok, what I will do is to clear the whole "read topics" table. This would make all your threads as unread, but then should reset the threads and once you mark everything as read, it should behave properly. Should is the keyword here Smile
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Well, it sort of worked. After marking all threads read and then reading all the leftover Mailing List threads, I now have 13 stuck unread. So, it's 1 better.... Smile

-Brian

Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

So now you have a new problem. Variety is the spice of life, afterall! Wink
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

15 perma-unread posts. Seems like a write issue or something, since this recent thread doesn't even let me post a reply http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=22729&highlight=

-Brian

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

19 stuck unread threads now Sad

-Brian

Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

It looks like I just picked up a couple, too. I'll see if they go away in a day or two or remain.
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

I cant seem to post a reply anymore. Seems to only do it when its a post with no replys yet.
It just says error when posting.
Done it 3 times already.

-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

I have been getting a few of those errors when posting as well this week when I reply. And now my "unread" list shows 30 unread, no matter how many times I still reread them....

-Brian

nls
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Is there some issue with long subject lines and the "posting error" when trying to reply to them?
2000 MPV LX - 182,500 miles
2011 Hyundai Sonata - 65,000 miles
1995 Saturn SW1 - Donated at 197,500 miles
2007 Hyundai Sonata - 122,500 miles
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Yes, if you encounter a reply error like that, the fix so far is to shorten the subject line of the reply. I have been trying to go back to previous posts and shorten 'em if they happen to be causing an issue, hoping that Alex can figure out what the issue is at some point.

-Brian

subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Also, if you happen onto a thread that says it has multiple pages but yet you get the "error" page when you click on the recent post link, you can get back to the thread by just clicking on the thread name which takes you into the first page of the thread. Seems the issue is that the forum software thinks there is more than 1 page of replies but in reality there isn't.

-Brian

ChuckWheat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:34 am    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Thank you for bringing the site back up. I use this site pretty frequently, and plan on keeping my MPV until it's no longer suitable to drive.
br0dy519

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Moving mpvclub.com onto a new server Reply with quote

Welcome back everyone.

Now we need to get more stickers in stock LOL!! Thank god the site is back.

'03 LX
200,000KM 06/2018
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: