MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Replacement headlights
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjwzom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

Hi all, hope you're well. I recently picked up a mint condition 2005 MPV ES, 150k miles, white with beige leather interior with Four Seasons package (at least I think it's a Four Season package...), and records of all dealer maintenance. I'm really happy, and hope to put another 50-100k miles on it, with a little luck.

I need new headlights, both are cracked and have moisture inside. I've been looking online at various places, and all list the headlights as "with rocker molding" or "without rocker molding." What are they referring to when they say this? I'd like to order the correct headlights from the get go, instead of having to return/wait because I didn't understand.

Thanks in advance, everyone!
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

how are they cracked? the clear lens is cracked? have they actually separated? There are ways to take out moisture and also to hide cracks without reducing light output and having to spend lots o money on new lens
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
kjwzom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

The clear lens is cracked top to bottom about dead center, has definite play when lightly pushed. Extreme hazing and a lot of moisture inside. At this point, I'd rather just replace the set and start over

So, what is the difference between those labeled "with rocker molding" and "without rocker molding" ??

novalight wrote:
how are they cracked? the clear lens is cracked? have they actually separated? There are ways to take out moisture and also to hide cracks without reducing light output and having to spend lots o money on new lens
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

Do you have part numbers
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
kjwzom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

Okay... I purchased a decent set of new ones online. Solid build.

How do I adjust beam side to side? Up down is easy, but I can't for the life of me figure out side to side. 2005 ES.
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

wait you saying the lights point hard left or right?
kjwzom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

Not hard either way, just a little off. Is there a left-right adjustment on the headlights?
SilverMPnyc

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

There is, they have a clear cap put on top of them so you don't accidentally mistake them for the up-down alignment. They come preset from the factory.
2005 Subaru Outbact XT 6spd.

*RIP* 2004 Silver MPV LX
*RIP* 2003 Subaru Legacy L "Special Edition" -6 Spd. & ej205 swap vf23, 1993 Ford Taurus LX
kjwzom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

SilverMPnyc wrote:
There is, they have a clear cap put on top of them so you don't accidentally mistake them for the up-down alignment. They come preset from the factory.

These are aftermarket, so all bets are off. Very Happy Thanks!
SilverMPnyc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

oh and by "bumper moulding" theyre referring to the silver accent strips on the rear bumper - its part of a different sideskirt/rear bumper package. Both styles use the same type of headlight for the 04-06 re-style.
2005 Subaru Outbact XT 6spd.

*RIP* 2004 Silver MPV LX
*RIP* 2003 Subaru Legacy L "Special Edition" -6 Spd. & ej205 swap vf23, 1993 Ford Taurus LX
mlouie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

I am also looking to replace the headlight assemblies (Front Combination Lights) on a 2005 Mazda MPV ES, and cannot determine if I need to order the ones with the "Rocker Moulding" (some web sites referred to this as "side garnish") or not.

Can anyone clarify what "Rocker Moulding" is refer to in reference to the headlight assemblies? I am not sure the answer above relating to the silver accent strips on the rear bumper is correct when referring to the front headlights.

Thank you in advance.
mlouie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

For others that are interested, I researched this online and received confirmation from a parts supplier that headlight assemblies "With Rocker Molding" have a black-colored background around the light bulbs, and headlight assemblies "Without Rocker Molding" have a silver-colored background around the light bulbs.

On my 2005 MPV ES, it was easy to look at the headlight assembly and see that it has the black background around the bulbs, so I will be ordering "With Rocker Molding".
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

you have solved a great mystery Very Happy
alosbaba007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

I recently changed my headlight housing the old one was completely hazy and difficult to see at night, when its raining i had to slow down to 10-20mph depending on how heavy the rain is
I got a replacemet on Ebay, this came with 2 separate bulbs instead of the single hi and low beam bulb the factory unit has. i see more clearer at night. ( The part number printed on it show STANLEY P3811)

Old Headlamp
WhatsApp Image 2017-04-18 at 14.52.01.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-18 at 14.52.01.jpeg - File downloaded or viewed 152 time(s)

New headlamp
WhatsApp Image 2017-04-18 at 14.50.45.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-04-18 at 14.50.45.jpeg - File downloaded or viewed 150 time(s)

barri31

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: Replacement headlights Reply with quote

Looks good. What's the brand of your new headlights?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: