MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:08 am    Post subject: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Finally!!!!! I road trip with the PeeVee!!! YAY!!!
We will be leaving spring break and driving from San Antonio, Tx to Denver, Colorado. Mapquest says this will be around a 15.5hour drive on 946miles.
Spring break is only one week (March 17-21 and weekends) so we plan on leaving saturday around 11pm at night, so that would put us in Denver around 2:30pm. 30min early before check in for the hotel. I figure 30min is enough time to stop for gas. I will be driving all the way through. I really dont know what we will be doing there yet. All I know is everyone wants to see snow so looks like one day we will be driving to Aspen or somewhere with snow. Unless it snows in Denver!
I am going to change oil with new Royal Purple 5W-30, take out 2qts of semi-new tranny fluid and put in 2 new qts. of RP, I will change power steering just cause its time, drain coolant and put in proper mixture for the cold (since I am using 30% coolant mixture right now), grease my front bearings, change brake fluid and check pads, rotate and rebalance tires, changing front wipers since its also time for new ones, and finally wash and wax the van. Anything else I should prep for? Belts are new.
I will take an extra case of headlights bulbs since we will be driving all night.

Also anything special or cool that we should check out in Denver or around?

This is the hotel we plan on staying at-
http://www.res99.com/hotel/10011000-10200817O.html?ses=73ce0b201f7d6c3d511fcc180ef49869

Its going to be fun!!

Thanks!

-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

i think you pretty much covered it on the maintenance part....but what about the water pump?? still good? i replaced mine before on our trip, and always check your tire pressure each time you gas up Wink the worst thing that can happen on a long trip is a flat tire...

so have fun be safe and Red Bull was my new best friend Laughing and take some pic along the way Very Happy

and yeah i find the mpv was good on long trip

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

For Denver sites, depends on what you like. I can give you pointers. Also, good luck with seeing snow here in March, at least in the city. For instance, today it's about 75F.

As far as how long it takes, I made the run from Denver to Dallas in about 9hrs. Rolling Eyes So, it's not a bad drive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Ya, we are getting a new camera so we can take tons of pics!!!

And we actually just changed the trip from Denver to Colorado Springs.
We all wanna go to Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Royal Gorge, ect.
Hopefully on our way up to Peak we will hit some kind of snow. Also weather shows its snowing lightly right now with a temp of 29 degrees and I called Pikes Peak and as right now the highway is closed. lol Rolling Eyes

We booked a room at Cheyenne Mountain Resort.
http://www.cheyennemountain.com/default.asp

-Clayton

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

ARJOSHUA wrote:
i think you pretty much covered it on the maintenance part....but what about the water pump?? still good? i replaced mine before on our trip, and always check your tire pressure each time you gas up Wink the worst thing that can happen on a long trip is a flat tire...

so have fun be safe and Red Bull was my new best friend Laughing and take some pic along the way Very Happy

and yeah i find the mpv was good on long trip

About the water pump...IDK.. Its a lot of work for something that seems to be running good. I mean I have always kept the water changed with 65% 35% water with a bottle of water wetter. Also just changed it yesterday for the trip. So we will see. Confused

-Clayton

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Pikes peak? Yeah, you'll have snow. Smile If you're lucky, the road will be open in March.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Less than a week until we leave! Everything on the van is done and finished just needs to be washed and the carpet mats needs to be washed.
Everyone is excited!!!
Java- DW says we are going to drive up to Denver to see it. Maybe if we get time and if its ok with you we could meet possibly...

-Clayton

Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Well after 13hours of driving we are here!!! and its snowing!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

I say 13hours instead of 14 like mapquest said because we really made it in 13. lol Night driving through Texas in the middle of no where lets you pick up some speed. Even through the speed limit is 65night and 70mph during the day, I was doing about 92MPH the whole trip. I did hit 100Mph twice but backed off because it got quite bumpy and I was worried about the tires. Keep in mind this was all at 2-5am with like 3 people on the whole road. and those 3 people were sticking with me doing this speed.

Colorado Springs is so beautiful and pretty!!!

MPV did look nice now but now its all brown and white with snow all packed in the front of it.

We did some mountain driving while waiting for the room to get cleaned and we made it pretty far up but with like 500 pounds of stuff and 5 people the van was just starting to peel out and would not go up anymore. Coming down was scary but we made it nicely without one problem.
We already went around to Arbys and walmart. The roads are all slushy and icy. The PeeVee handles real good in the weather but I have never heard the ABS kick in soooooo much. lol Its fun tho!

The weather for tonight is Heavy snow and winds so I hope I can find the PeeVee in the morning. Cool

Will keep updating!

-Clayton

Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

-Clayton

rollie1960
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Glad you had a good trip weather is different than Texas isn't it I like the heat over the cold just beacuse of my back but it sure looks nice.
jm98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Please explain how you are making between Denver to Dallas in 9 hours.

Here is my Dallas to Denver run in my MPV including breaks:
- six hours from Dallas to Amarillo via Hwy 287
- another two+ hours to Raton NM via Dumas/Rose City TX
- another three to four hours to Denver
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Holy thread revival!!!

Didn't he say it took 13 hours?

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

A thread revival indeed!

I think jm98 was referring to the post from Javadoc indicating he made it in 9 hours...

Javadoc wrote:
As far as how long it takes, I made the run from Denver to Dallas in about 9hrs. Rolling Eyes So, it's not a bad drive.

What jm98 doesn't know is that javadoc has a lead foot Razz burnout

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

subearu wrote:
A thread revival indeed!

I think jm98 was referring to the post from Javadoc indicating he made it in 9 hours...

Javadoc wrote:

What jm98 doesn't know is that javadoc has a lead foot Razz burnout

-Brian

And that was with stops for coffee. He did, however, make like that crazy astronaut lady and depend on Depends to save time.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Longtime needed trip to Denver, CO Reply with quote

Java taking nine hours from Dallas to Denver is a slow, leisurely Sunday drive! Wink
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Driving Fun and Road Trips All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: