MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

If you encounter an 'Error in posting' when you reply to a post, try keeping the Subject line of the reply under 35 characters or so.

2003 Mazda MPV Headlight replacement
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chkysbak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: 2003 Mazda MPV Headlight replacement Reply with quote

Ok, I tried last night to replace the small light (about 1-1/2" in diameter) and I noticed that I had to remove the battery, intake, etc. just to get to it. Well I noticed on the passenger side that I could get to it easier. I just had to deal with the AC components. Well I tried to remove that bulb so I could match it with one at the auto store. Well I could figure out how to remove that bulb. Can anyone help me with either a description and/or pictures on how to remove and install them. I did do a "search" and went through all 18 pages of results. I only found people replacing OEM bulbs with Blue light style bulbs. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Chuck

2003 Mazda MPV
Chkysbak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Re: 2003 Mazda MPV Headlight replacement Reply with quote

Nevermind I just found the post.

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=16184

Since I am going to go thru the trouble any ideas on bulbs? OEM or Blue

2003 Mazda MPV
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: 2003 Mazda MPV Headlight replacement Reply with quote

Personally, don't bother with one of the blue tipped or xenon wannabe's, they often are just higher wattage to increase light output that is really being masked by the blue color. That higher wattage can lead to overheating of the wiring.

Stay with an OEM spec bulb.

-Brian

Mazda MPV---MPVClub.com

2011 Ford Explorer XLT, Tuxedo Black Metallic - the "Beast"
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Sterling Grey Metallic - the "Hyper"

2002 Mazda MPV ES - retired
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: