MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Base Warranty
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverMachZTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:07 am    Post subject: Base Warranty Reply with quote

While van shopping last weekend, the sales rep said Mazda just increased the base warranty to 50 months/50k miles. Anyone else hear this? I haven't been able to confirm yet.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 11:08 am    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

It's actually supposed to be 48mth/50K miles for 2003 models. Funny that Mazda isn't broadcasting this at every chance. It's not even up on their website yet, but they've made a couple of press releases to the effect.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atuin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Speaking of Warranties -
I assume that all regular scheduled maintenance is done at extra cost (i.e. pay the dealer to change the oil). Is this correct? I ask because a friend of mine just bought an Audi. His warranty includes the scheduled manitenance, so there is no 'out of pocket' expense for this work.
rowdy1
MPVClub Preacher
Can I get a "Zoom-Zoom"
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Normally the oil changes and service work are extra. However, most dealerships will throw in several oil changes for free if you pursue it. I discussed this with my salesman, and I ended up getting 6 free oil changes out of the deal by just bringing it up. It never hurts to ask.
rowdy1
'02 Mazda MPV ES (Silver)
*loaded w/ Rosen Clearview DVD System
'99 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD (Burgundy)
CheapScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Anybody know if they have they extended this warranty change to Canada?
Test drove a 2001, looked at 2002, finally got a CDN 2003 LX, Mid Blue, Alloy Wheels, Four Seasons, Towing Pkg, Roof Rack ... now at 71,000km
1982 Honda Civic ... now at 165,000km
1984 Honda Prelude ... retired at 280,000km
Knagrizz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Just brought a 2003 MPV ES over the weekend, the sales person i dealt with said i have 4 years and 50,000 miles warranty, it is new for 2003 models, he also told me oil changes at his dealer is free as long as i own the van, they even give u some kinda membership card to prove that you brought the car at his dealer, not to shabby, i must say

Surprised

Owner of a 2003 MPV ES
Roof rack, 4 season, Power sliding doors
Medicineman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

My guess would be they won't advertise this much until all of the 2002s are gone off the lots. Darn, the warranty on my '02 was one of the few things I thought was on the lacking side.

Garrick

2004 Silver ES

2000 Red Nissan Frontier XE w/sport package
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
swiftturtle
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

I agree that they probably won't mention it untill the 2002 are gone. Grin
2003 ES Coastal Blue Metallic
catbui99

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:34 am    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Well, I haven't receive my plates yet and I am already breaking 3000 miles. At this rate I'll run out of warranty after the first 1 1/2 yrs Sad.
When I bought my 94 Integra I lost my warranty just after one year. Luckily for me I got 200k out of the car and the only things I changed were the battery and the starter. The starter was changed right before my brother in-law wreck it too.

Hung
East Bay, California
'02 MPV ES, Sunlight Silver
'02 C240, Brilliant Silver
Gardster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Is there anymore concrete proof on the upgraded standard warranty for 2003 MPV's? Huh? I'm going to be picking up a brand new Black 03 MPV tomorrow Smile and I'd like to press the dealership on the issue. They told me the standard 36 mo / 50K applied. I could not find the press releases. Was this in Canada or US??
2003 Black Mica ES
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

According to Mazda Customer Service (800-222-5500), the warranty on all 2003 Mazda US models is 48 months/50,000 miles. The lady on the phone could not confirm that for Canada. Mazda Canada's phone # is 416-609-9909, if you want to give them a call.
-Dean

'00 MPV LX, Touring/4 Seasons/6CD, Emerald Green/Tan
'06 Ford Freestyle FWD Limited Merlot/Charcoal
Mobil1Pennzoil, Meguiars wax Klasse AIO Meguiars NXT Back to AIO.
YMMV.
Looking for a classic Corvette?
Corvette News
CheapDad

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

I try to keep telling myself that the extra year wouldn't do me any good because I'll run through 50000 miles in 3 years (a little sanity check as to reasons why I shouldn't have waited for a 2003).
2002 Silver MPV ES
1999 Honda Accord LX
Gardster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2002 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Thanks DMC. Actually I'm in the US. Because my dealer didn't tell me about this, I thought maybe this was only extended in Canada. ON the surface thats not very logical, but neither is increasing the weight capacity of roof racks in Canada and not the US Grin
2003 Black Mica ES
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:42 am    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Atuin wrote:

Speaking of Warranties -
I assume that all regular scheduled maintenance is done at extra cost (i.e. pay the dealer to change the oil). Is this correct? I ask because a friend of mine just bought an Audi. His warranty includes the scheduled manitenance, so there is no 'out of pocket' expense for this work.

I'm pretty sure you can purchase a warranty that will cover all normal maintenance. In essence you pay for it up front (or roll it into the cost of your loan) instead of paying for maintenance on an 'as needed' basis. IIRC, we had this offered to us when we purchased Minnie, thought we declined to take it. Or, as mentioned, sometimes you can negotiate with the dealer and have some freebies thrown in.

Dan
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Sold (scrapped) on 10/30/04 at 165,599.4 miles....1987 Honda Accord DX (165K miles)--Tan Car
Sold (scrapped) on 9/26/09 at 148406.4 miles and 24 years old....1985 Toyota Camry LE --Brown Car (Dan's former daily driver)
And more human powered bikes than I can count.....
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re:Base Warranty Reply with quote

Believe me when I say that the 'free maintenance' you get w/the Audi is not free, it's built into the cost of the car. Sure, they're nice and I'd like to have an A6 2.7T, but the cost, holy heck.

Besides, how much is a few oil changes and windshield wipers going to cost you?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: