MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Just got my new 2008 MPV!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

ms. mdx wrote:
Yeah, I figured Brad was being funny ... maybe I should have a added a Wink after my "tough crowd" comment, but I'm sure there's a reason he calls himself MADBrad Wink.

You guys will understand this one ... can you guys believe my husband hasn't driven the mpv once ... he hasn't driven since he got here in May!! I was without a car for my first month here and I felt like someone cut my legs off, took my freedom away, etc. Can you guess who the car nut is in the family Cool .

Arjoshua - You want a dancing smilie from Santa? Very Happy Wink
I didn't like the Estima at all ... it felt like a boat.

Yep, I call them ship like the larger people movers...no interest at all in them. Once you have driven the mpv (in my case the gen 2) why on earth would you ever go back to a whale....

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
mk23666

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Mazda USA listen very closely ... When you discontinue the MAZDA5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring us the MAZDA8! Very Happy
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

mk23666 wrote:
Crying or Very sad Mazda USA listen very closely ... When you discontinue the MAZDA5. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring us the MAZDA8! Very Happy
Or make the MazdaSpeed Mz5 .... 2.3l turbo with a manual with 4 + 2 seating would be something on the shopping list.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

guys.... send letter of petition with signatures of members, to mazda usa to bring the 3rd gen mpv across the pond. Hey it worked with the protege5, bunch of mazda enthusiast send a letter to mazda usa to bring the Familia/Protege5 to north america and the rest is history, i believe that the P5 brought the mazda up the ranks combined with the zoom zoom ad

who knows.....

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
mk23666

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Another idea would be to go to your Mazda website and send an Email to them suggesting they bring the Mazda8 to other shores ... especially after they discontinue the Mazda5. (heck they are gonna eventually make the Mazda5 a little larger anyways so just bring us the Mazda8)
equest

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Everytime I get a survey from Mazda, I always tell them to bring the Mazda8 here. But you know, I love the Mazda8. I think it's the best looking van ever. It's not big like the US Honda Odyssey or other vans currently selling in US. In fact, I don't mind paying shipping for the Mazda8 to be delivered but the problem is no local shops I know here could do a right-to-left hand conversion. If you know any custom shop who could do such a thing, let me know.

I was thinking of getting the Mazda5 but I think it's too small and seem underpowered especially in climbing up hills.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Wow, I totally missed this thread. I noticed something... a certain badge under the "MPV"... A-W-D. This is the MPV that Mazda always should've brought to North America.

I'm blaming Ford.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

the new MPV's layout would cannibalize CX-7 sales (3 row seats, awd). Corporate won't go for it - sadly they don't get what a 2.3 liter turbo can do for a people mover.
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Nexus7

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

vkc wrote:
the new MPV's layout would cannibalize CX-7 sales (3 row seats, awd). Corporate won't go for it - sadly they don't get what a 2.3 liter turbo can do for a people mover.

I think "corporate" should be lined up against a wall and...

That MPV would kill. And be utilitarian, and a sleeper. After enduring Ford's horrible parts in my MPV (clockspring, anyone?), I was hoping the old "corporate" had been given the boot.
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Correction ... that should be CX-9 with the 3 row seats and not the CX-7.

speaking of ford and mazda, i was in a dealer today and the sales-type says "Mazda made the engine in the CX-9 .... they went completely away from the 3.5 liter ford duratec" I was speechless Rolling Eyes

Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

vkc wrote:
Correction ... that should be CX-9 with the 3 row seats and not the CX-7.

And it would be great for Mazda because then the CX-7 and the MPV/Mazda8 would share a lot of mechanical parts and performance parts - the strut tower brace I bought for my CX-7 last year was also compatable with the MPV.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

CX-9 with the "Ecoboost" engine. Hmmmmmm....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

javadoc wrote:
CX-9 with the "Ecoboost" engine. Hmmmmmm....

Indeed! (though I haven't been behind the wheel of an eco-boosted car yet)

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

That would be called a Masdaspeed CX9, to coompete with the Porsche Cayenne.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Ford's talking about putting the EcoBoost in the Flex also. Its already in the SHO. Curious how far they're willing to take this (hint: Mustang).

Imagine if Mazda was serious about the MazdaSpeed line:

* put the normally aspirated 2.5L in the CX-7 and offer the turbo in MazdaSpeed version.
* CX-9 would have regular 3.7L as it does today but the EcoBoost in the MazdaSpeed version.
* then there's the Mazda5 which is already good but would be better with a little injection.
* bring back the MazdaSpeed version of the Mazda6. either with the 2.3L turbo Razz or the EcoBoost awd Twisted Evil

I got a new appreciation for what numbers the turbo version of a car can generate above the normally aspirated model during my car hunt - case in point Mazda3 vs the MazdaSpeed version.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: