MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Just got my new 2008 MPV!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

ms. mdx wrote:
madbrad wrote:
I hate you

Wow! Tough crowd Surprised

Ok, I'm taking back my complaint about the keyless ignition. I was walking up to the car, removing the credit card sized fob from my purse, opening the car and putting it back in my purse ... didn't make sense. Today I noticed that on both front door handles there is a small black rubber button ... had not noticed it before. No need to open up the purse or remove the fob from your pocket. As long as you are next to the car you can lock/unlock with the rubber buttons. Really have to try to get a Hong Kong (english) manual.

Madbrad wasn't being mean, he just shares the view of many Mazda followers here in NA - why isn't the Mazda8 (new MPV) here? So, it wasn't a hate directed at you, more likely it was directed at Mazda. And perhaps a bit of jealousy too since you get to have one.

I have keyless entry and ignition in my S40 and find it quite nice. I also now often forget to take my keys out of a pocket when driving our MPV and then wonder why I can't start the darn thing w/o 'em. It's like the power doors, you may think you don't need or want them, but once you have keyless entry and ignition, you won't settle for anything less.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
ms. mdx

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Here are some photos taken today. Didn't take any of the interior back as the kids have already covered it in crumbs Mad . Tried to get it vaccumed at the gas station but they wanted 2000 yen ... $17!!

http://www.tabblo.com/studio/stories/shared/21343/jb9gr5vhnt7sqca

2008 Mazda MPV/8 - Copper Red
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

ms. mdx wrote:
Here are some photos taken today. Didn't take any of the interior back as the kids have already covered it in crumbs Mad . Tried to get it vaccumed at the gas station but they wanted 2000 yen ... $17!!

Kids and crumbs......I just thought the two went together I didn't realise they were separate entities..... Wink

goggles oh that is sooo cool....I think I am going to find out if I can somehow become a pastor in Hong Kong or Japan......that is the epitome of a cool people mover......I am really jealous now.....

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

ms. mdx wrote:

Wow, that's an awesome looking vehicle. This is the first privately owned Mz8 I've seen.

Thanks for posting.

Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
alschnertz
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Very nice looking car.
That color is great!
Please tell me you could not have gotten it with a stick (manual trans.)
But I suspect you could.

Otherwise I'll be mad also. That the biggest beef I have with mine.

Good luck with it.

'06 MPV-LX, '10 Mazda3;
'60 Volvo PV544, '68 122S, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40;
'84 Prelude;
'13 Ford Focus SE.
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

alschnertz wrote:
Very nice looking car.
That color is great!
But I suspect you could.

Good luck with it.

They have a guy over on the cougar forum that has been performing a manual conversion for automatic cougars for a while now. The biggest problem would be finding a manual ecu for the MPV, or conversely just wiring in the cougar pcm, but that in itself would have a few difficulties. Be good to have someone find out the potential in this area, the question is was our gen II mpv produced with a manual and if so was it in 2wd version, and if so how do we get our hands on an ECU....

Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
ms. mdx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Quote:
Very nice looking car.
That color is great!
But I suspect you could.

Good luck with it.

Thanks Smile . I have always had manuals and enjoy Driving. Last vehicle was an Acura MDX auto (no manual offered) and it is easier when you have the added distraction of kids in the car. Didn't even ask about a manual option for the MPV, but looking at the brochure, in japanese mind you, the only transmission options for the 2.3T seems to be the 6EC-AT "Activematic". There is also a 4EC-AT "Activematic" for the front wheel drive, non turbo model.

The traffic here is so much stop-and- go, emphasis on the stop, that a manual would not be fun to drive. Given a choice, I would have reluctantly still gone with the automatic for driving in Tokyo.

alschnertz
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

[quote="ms. mdx
Thanks Smile . I have always had manuals and enjoy Driving. Last vehicle was an Acura MDX auto (no manual offered) and it is easier when you have the added distraction of kids in the car. Didn't even ask about a manual option for the MPV, but looking at the brochure, in japanese mind you, the only transmission options for the 2.3T seems to be the 6EC-AT "Activematic". There is also a 4EC-AT "Activematic" for the front wheel drive, non turbo model.

The traffic here is so much stop-and- go, emphasis on the stop, that a manual would not be fun to drive. Given a choice, I would have reluctantly still gone with the automatic for driving in Tokyo.[/quote]

So we suffer! Well, I suppose misery loves company.

Again, a nice looking car.

'06 MPV-LX, '10 Mazda3;
'84 Prelude;
'13 Ford Focus SE.
alschnertz
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

cpapashley wrote:
alschnertz wrote:
Very nice looking car.
That color is great!
But I suspect you could.

Good luck with it.

They have a guy over on the cougar forum that has been performing a manual conversion for automatic cougars for a while now. The biggest problem would be finding a manual ecu for the MPV, or conversely just wiring in the cougar pcm, but that in itself would have a few difficulties. Be good to have someone find out the potential in this area, the question is was our gen II mpv produced with a manual and if so was it in 2wd version, and if so how do we get our hands on an ECU....

Yea, I think we've gone around the block with this a few times.
Actually, I don't think it would be worth the effort of a conversion on this van. Too time consuming and expensive.

I've done a few automatic to manual conversions on old Volvos, but those were easy as the cars were offered both ways from the factory.

'06 MPV-LX, '10 Mazda3;
'84 Prelude;
'13 Ford Focus SE.
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

alschnertz wrote:
cpapashley wrote:
alschnertz wrote:
Very nice looking car.
That color is great!
But I suspect you could.

Good luck with it.

Yea, I think we've gone around the block with this a few times.
Actually, I don't think it would be worth the effort of a conversion on this van. Too time consuming and expensive.

I've done a few automatic to manual conversions on old Volvos, but those were easy as the cars were offered both ways from the factory.

Like most things, if we raise it enough times, someone may come up with a good idea, that will make the process easy.... Wink

Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

subearu wrote:

Madbrad wasn't being mean, he just shares the view of many Mazda followers here in NA - why isn't the Mazda8 (new MPV) here? So, it wasn't a hate directed at you, more likely it was directed at Mazda. And perhaps a bit of jealousy too since you get to have one.

-Brian

I just assumed she got it. Girls say it to their friends because they have better skin etc.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:
subearu wrote:

-Brian

I just assumed she got it. Girls say it to their friends because they have better skin etc.

Yeh, my dw girlfriend calls her a "women of questionable morals" and that she "hates her..." regularly because she looks so good at 44....

cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:
subearu wrote:

-Brian

Yeh, my dw's girlfriend calls her a "women of questionable morals" and that she "hates her..." regularly because she looks so good at 44....

Now that is some background system....I key in b i t c h and it comes up with "women of questionable morals"

ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:46 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

banghead no way i'm jealous of your van!....oh dear Santa i'm being super good this year and i want a...... : wiggle Very Happy ..... congrats on your purchace..i quite remember you where deciding if your getting the Toyota estima??
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
ms. mdx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Re: Just got my new 2008 MPV!! Reply with quote

Yeah, I figured Brad was being funny ... maybe I should have a added a Wink after my "tough crowd" comment, but I'm sure there's a reason he calls himself MADBrad Wink.

You guys will understand this one ... can you guys believe my husband hasn't driven the mpv once ... he hasn't driven since he got here in May!! I was without a car for my first month here and I felt like someone cut my legs off, took my freedom away, etc. Can you guess who the car nut is in the family Cool .

Arjoshua - You want a dancing smilie from Santa? Very Happy Wink
I didn't like the Estima at all ... it felt like a boat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: