MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

BOSE SUSPENSION
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> New Auto Technologies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

Sorry it's in french but a picture worth a 1000 words...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvl8x_reportage-suspension-bose

Powered by KAIZEN, TEIN, EUROVISION, DAI ALLOYS, GENERAL TIRE, TECHRACING AND SIMOTA

You've JUST been LAP'D
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_STATIC_PAGE_EVENT&url=/learning/project_sound/suspension_challenge.jsp&ck=0

Powered by KAIZEN, TEIN, EUROVISION, DAI ALLOYS, GENERAL TIRE, TECHRACING AND SIMOTA

You've JUST been LAP'D
vkc
MPVClub Posting Maniac
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

heard about this a couple years back (no pun intended). did it ever make it to any production vehicles?
Then: '79 Plymouth Horizon, '88 VW Fox Wagon, '92 VW Jetta GL (DW), '96 VW Golf GL (DW), '97 Jetta GLX - Green, '03 MPV ES - Blue Mica (DW); '15 Hyundai Elantra GT - Titanium Gray Metallic (DW)
Now: '18 Hyundai Tucson - Silver (DW), '10 Honda Civic Si - Polished Metal Metallic blake
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

I want them, I want them!!!! Wonder how much they cost?
-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

I loved the end of the video Wink

You've JUST been LAP'D
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

Redline1 wrote:
I loved the end of the video Wink

That end of the video reminds me of KIT and david hasselfhof in the knightrider series Shocked

Truly revolutionary

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
rodslinger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

Bose Blows...

25 year old technology from Lotus FTW... I remember seeing it when they first came out with it. The car would actually lean into the turns.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxzrQCnCaNA
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

rodslinger wrote:
Bose Blows...

25 year old technology from Lotus FTW... I remember seeing it when they first came out with it. The car would actually lean into the turns.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AxzrQCnCaNA

Very nice first post.
ON what grounds would you claim Bose blows? If you read the info you'll see that Bose system began research in 1980 so its idea is just as old as the Lotus. Do you have anything to back up your claim that Lotus' system is better than Bose's. There's a reason Lotus' system is still not in use in production cars. It requires massive amounts of hydraulic pressure and a huge amount of weight in equipment. Electromagnetic systems are not only lighter but can be installed in existing suspension systems.

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
au-dy-z
Matsuda- zoom zoom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

WOW, and i thought bose only makes sound system. btw, i LOVE their sound system, very crisp and clean especially with a sub.

^
^
マツダ ご
ma-tsu-da go
that means MAZDA FIVE in japanese.

i took japanese this summer, so fun, cant wait till next summer when i have
Hangman
MPVClub Addict
The man without a plan!!!
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

au-dy-z wrote:
WOW, and i thought bose only makes sound system. btw, i LOVE their sound system, very crisp and clean especially with a sub.

Unfortunately I would have to disagree with you on Bose sound. especially in the home audio arena where I beleive they are over priced under performers from a company who's greatest acheivement is in marketing. Crisp and clean sound shoudl not be used to describe Bose, at least from my perspectives and experiences.

If you see spelling mistakes in my posts, its because Engrish is not my native language...

Hangman,

2015 Toyota Sienna L - His
2011 Toyota Sienna XLE - Her's
2007 Crossfire Limited Roadster 6spd - His
2005 Ody EX Sage Brush Pearl - The Grandparent's

2010 AMG S63 - Gone
2002 Mazda MPV - Gone
2002 Acura TL-S Gone
2001 Mazda Miata LS - Gone
au-dy-z
Matsuda- zoom zoom

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

well, true they are over price for home audio system but for cars they are okay. i like harmon kardon but they are just too expensive. i had bose with my mercedez benz and bought the system for about 600 with 6 speaker, that include a 4 speaker on the door, a sub under the driver seat and a hidden 5 speaker, i think it is in the back with the cd changer.
now i see benz sell harmonkardon sound system for 1600, that so crzy.

^
^
マツダ ご
ma-tsu-da go
that means MAZDA FIVE in japanese.

i took japanese this summer, so fun, cant wait till next summer when i have
rodslinger

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: BOSE SUSPENSION Reply with quote

Madbrad wrote:

Very nice first post.
ON what grounds would you claim Bose blows?

It was more of a general reference given to them by people that take their audio seriously. Not really my opinion as I don't buy their audio equipment so I can't determine how bad it really is.

I'm sure the system will work but it will have its drawbacks also.

From what I read the Lotus system used about 5 to 7 hp to run everyhing. I'm sure it did take up some space and add weight as that was 1980 something technology. The positive aspect of hydraulic is that the linear actuators at the wheel likely take up little more space that a normal shock absorber. I mean it couldn't have been too bad of a system. It did have some F1 wins.

I can see the Bose system being good in the ability to react quickly. Electricity is faster than fluid. But I wonder how much those wheel assemblies are going to cost and how much they weigh. What's going to power the system? I'm thinking magnetic linear actuators powerful enough to lift a car and even strong enough to control body motions will take a lot of power. Bigger or dual batteries maybe? Charging system improvements?

Time will tell to see how it turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> New Auto Technologies All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: