MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Possible adapter for aftermarket radio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

I couldn't find the topic that someone was asking about installing an aftermarket radio, so here's a new topic...

I did some snooping, and maybe, just maybe, a Scosche model FD1330 installation adapter may work in this aplication. You may need to buy a small piece of black plastic and cut it to fit the opening more perfectly, but it may work. Here's the link: Model FD1330

You can use the second DIN opening for a DIN-sized DVD player (would be nice, eh?) or a pocket. Scosche makes those too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lazyfox
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re:Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

You're right Scott, it looks like it might fit.

Ideally, I'd like one that had 2 DIN slots, staggered so that the top one was "in" slightly relative to the bottom, to follow the curve of the MPV dash. I wonder if you could adapt a kit to do that.

-Dean

'00 MPV LX, Touring/4 Seasons/6CD, Emerald Green/Tan
'06 Ford Freestyle FWD Limited Merlot/Charcoal
Mobil1Pennzoil, Meguiars wax Klasse AIO Meguiars NXT Back to AIO.
YMMV.
Looking for a classic Corvette?
Corvette News
2kgfxmpvlx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re:Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

Hi,

That kit doesn't work, because first of all the brackets that goes on the sides are different from Ford and Mazda. ( well you could bend metal backstraps and somehow line it up so that the radio would fit). However the bigger problem is the face plate. MPV has the contoured dash which the Ford faceplate will not line up. I guess if you're not too concerned with the cosmetics you could fit it but will have gaps on all sides of the radio especially the bottom where the curve is steep.

The options are to custom make a face plate using bondo / fiberglass usually a high end car stereo shop would be able to fabricate something nice ( but costly).

or

Buy the Genuine Mazda (Japan) navi installation kit. this could cost alot but probably not as much as the custom fabrication.

or

A company called JFC (japan) has a dash kit : includes metal brackets, contoured plastic face plate that PERFECTLY matches the dash and wire harness. Price is about 150.00 USD

hope this info helps.
ZIGZAG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re:Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

2kg

Any chance of seeing a picture of this dash kit installed? Is it a din or double din?

2002 ES, Black Mica
2kgfxmpvlx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re:Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

its a double din,

but if you have a single din Head Unit, you can install a din pocket underneath it to cover the extra space.

Im installing a video system (indash DIN Monitor and DVD Player) in my van. so when I am finisted Ill TRY to post some pictures.

But the Ive setup couple of mpv's with this kit and the fit is PERFECT.
DocHolliday
www.motormusicinc.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re:Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

2kgfxmpvlx wrote:
its a double din,

but if you have a single din Head Unit, you can install a din pocket underneath it to cover the extra space.

Im installing a video system (indash DIN Monitor and DVD Player) in my van. so when I am finisted Ill TRY to post some pictures.

But the Ive setup couple of mpv's with this kit and the fit is PERFECT.

Does anyone have or know of the website for this dash kit?

Doc Holliday

www.motormusicinc.com
Madbrad
MPVClub Fixture
B Y O plastic cutlery
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

MPV gone Sad
current: 07 Impala SS, 08 Grand Caravan SXT
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Possible adapter for aftermarket radio Reply with quote

lolllll I love that picture lollll