MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
db8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

just picked up an 2007 GS M5 couple weeks ago, filled up the tank a couple times............

seems like its only getting appox. 400kms to a tank of gas, which is pretty low consider its only a 2.3L..........

just did some search, here's whats posted on Mazda Canada website

60L Tank
4 speed auto
11.2 L / 100kms
8.3 L / 100kms

how's your gas mileage??? especially those in Canada, i am sure the weather pays a big role in this.........its been pretty cold

thanks in advance
antlind
MPVClub Resident
Mazda-holic
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

I don't think your numbers are any different to most of us here on the forum.
I've been averaging 10L/100Km with a combination of city and hwy driving (mostly city) in both summer and winter.
This consumption rate has been dead solid for me.....I usually do 375km before I fill up and I usually take in 37-40Litres of fuel. Winter does affect the consumption and this is when I would take in 39/40Litres.
Anthony

2006 Mazda5 GT (Touring) AT
Platinum Grey, Running Advanti 17x7 in Summer, Window Visors, Front Lip, H&R Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI

2003 MPV LX
Silver, R/Rack, M/Guards, Bumper Guard, OEM Fogs, Vogtland Springs, Tokico (Blues) Shocks & Struts, Mazda6 17s and Yokohama 225x55R17
da1nonly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

db8 wrote:
just picked up an 2007 GS M5 couple weeks ago, filled up the tank a couple times............

seems like its only getting appox. 400kms to a tank of gas, which is pretty low consider its only a 2.3L..........

just did some search, here's whats posted on Mazda Canada website

60L Tank
4 speed auto
11.2 L / 100kms
8.3 L / 100kms

how's your gas mileage??? especially those in Canada, i am sure the weather pays a big role in this.........its been pretty cold

thanks in advance

I picked up my mazda 5 gs auto 3 weeks ago... im in toronto... and i've been tracking my gas mileage since picking it up

here's what i got:
570km (from dealer fillup), then 457km, 505km, 502km

I tend to fillup usually about 20-45km after the yellow warning light comes on... and it's usually about 50-53L of gas that I put in... I usually round of the cost to the cent after I hear the first click

i thought I was getting bad mileage on my mazda5 (which is pretty low in my opinion) but 400km is alot worse... you must do only city driving with the heater cranked..
db8

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

da1nonly wrote:

I picked up my mazda 5 gs auto 3 weeks ago... im in toronto... and i've been tracking my gas mileage since picking it up

here's what i got:
570km (from dealer fillup), then 457km, 505km, 502km

I tend to fillup usually about 20-45km after the yellow warning light comes on... and it's usually about 50-53L of gas that I put in... I usually round of the cost to the cent after I hear the first click

i thought I was getting bad mileage on my mazda5 (which is pretty low in my opinion) but 400km is alot worse... you must do only city driving with the heater cranked..

Umm..........guess we got our car around the same time then

i am very surprise to see the 400kms a tank number too, mind you, i am actually NOT the one driving the car, my mom is...........and she's complaining about it, lol!!!

even with a lot of city driving, that's pretty low considering the size of engine.............

do you do a lot of highway driving??? find it a little unstalbe at high speed(140km/h+)Huh?
da1nonly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

db8 wrote:

Umm..........guess we got our car around the same time then

i am very surprise to see the 400kms a tank number too, mind you, i am actually NOT the one driving the car, my mom is...........and she's complaining about it, lol!!!

even with a lot of city driving, that's pretty low considering the size of engine.............

do you do a lot of highway driving??? find it a little unstalbe at high speed(140km/h+)Huh?

my daily commute to work is half city and half highway...

i haven't started pushing my 5 to 140km/h yet.... sort of breaking it in really slowly... they told me to break it in slow for the first 1000-1500km (book says 1000km) but I figure I'd wait til about 3500km before i push that hard...

it's been really cold in toronto but i usually never crank my heat to high either... usually set between 20-22C and the fan is around the 2nd or 3rd level... never any higher than that....

400km a tank seems way to low... that's like 13L/100km or something??? thats not really close to their quoted estimations
was98strat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

seems like something is off to me. I've been getting 9.6l/100 km reliably since day 1. I was tracking it in a Spreadsheat for the first 4 months (then mt HDD crashed and I lost a lot of data)

My 5 GT MTX goes approx 460km per 3/4 tank (depending on the traffic on the DVP!!!). I think I could easily get to 600km on a full tank
da1nonly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

was98strat wrote:
seems like something is off to me. I've been getting 9.6l/100 km reliably since day 1. I was tracking it in a Spreadsheat for the first 4 months (then mt HDD crashed and I lost a lot of data)

My 5 GT MTX goes approx 460km per 3/4 tank (depending on the traffic on the DVP!!!). I think I could easily get to 600km on a full tank

Actually I tend to get about 450KM per 3/4 tank also which in theory would be like 150km per 1/4 tank so you should be able to get 600KM per tank BUT...

from the 3/4 line it seems to drop really quickly to empty and after only about 35-50km from the 3/4 line, the low fuel warning light comes on pretty soon... almost seems to come on too early... so i find myself getting about 500-510km per tank (9.5-10L/100km)...

that warning light turns on almost at the halfway point between the 1/4 line and empty (too early isn't it?)
was98strat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

da1nonly wrote:

that warning light turns on almost at the halfway point between the 1/4 line and empty (too early isn't it?)

I guess that depends on your POV. I've had the light come on once so far and I had about 9litres left in the tank. I'd ratherhave the light turn on sooner than later. I'd had to get stuck on the side of the road somewhere.

You're right the fuel gaue isn't very linear in it's movement. but my previous car never used to get below 1/4 tank even when I knew I was running on fumes! as a result as soon as the needle hits the 1/4 mark I fill up, never been a prob for me.
blackM5
Life is good

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

I just came back from Jasper, AB.
My hyway gas consumption was just a hair over 605km thats to Jasper then up and back from the ski hill. i filled up in jasper and 58litres up the pipe.
my average city in Edmonton is between 480 and 510 depending on how i drive it.( till the lights on)

2006 Mazda5 GT (MT) on 18's
Brilliant Black
gemino
MPV's lil bro

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

5 GT Auto here, 10months old.
I get around 450 to 500KM (full tank to a little bit pass 6o'clock on the gas dial) mostly city driving, I play with the sport shift all day. Monday to Friday mainly myself with a stroller on the back. Weekend with kid and wife.

-Will -Gemino
06 Mazda5 Black GT
Carbon5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

GT auto as well. I drive highway @ 120+km/h, and some city with almost all manual shifting. Average since new has been almost dead on 10L/100km.
Almost every fill is 55L over approx. 540-550 km driven. Got 36000km on it now. I don't think it that bad...
manishtiger

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

Mine in US gives 20 mpg in city and 26 mpg in long drive (freeway).

Is this okay?
dbusguy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

I usually fill when there's a 1/4 left or a little less.
We'll say about 45 litres to fill
I get usually 350 - 375km per fill
If it's all highway, I have once gotten 415km
was98strat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

dbusguy wrote:
I usually fill when there's a 1/4 left or a little less.
We'll say about 45 litres to fill
I get usually 350 - 375km per fill
If it's all highway, I have once gotten 415km

WOW you really get that little. I do the same, I always fill when the needle shows 1/4 tank, Usually that means 42l to fill. But I never get less than 450 kms for 3/4 tank. Now that I have my summer tires on again, I'm getting closer to 475 km for 42 - 45l of regular.

I'm guessing you are driving an automatic!!
da1nonly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: Canada Gas Mileage Question....400kms to a Tank WTF!!! Reply with quote

that is pretty low... I don't think it's because he drives an automatic... I drive an automatic and I usually get 450+km at the 3/4 mark...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next  
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: