MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msecc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

This is a pretty old thread, but I'm looking for the MEPP for my 03 Mazda MPV ES with 48200 miles on it (I've had it for 3 years). I have one quote from Milford of Mazda in Connecticut at $1500 + tax for the extended 36 month/100,000 mile plan with a $100 deductable (she said she was knocking $325 from the original quote).
I did come across another site that looked interesting, I've called but didn't get in touch with the guy yet (they happen to be in Connecticut). They have an interactive dynamic quote system for the MEPP. So far it is %5 cheaper than Mazda of Milford at $1425 for the same thing. Some of you may want to try it out... I know that they do out of state customers becaused when I called, they assumed I was out of state. What I don't know is if it is through easycare (it looks like it).

Hope this helps someone, Thanks, Mike

I will post some followups.

http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/mazda/epp-benefits.html

'03 MPV ES Midnight Blue, power sliding doors, 4 seasons package, roof rack, 6 CD changer, cargo net, bumper plate... Someday, it will have mud gaurds and trailer hitch.
msecc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

Well we are looking into this...
We are at 48200 miles on a 2003 MPV ES.
We've decided that we wanted to look just at the MEPP program to help prevent possible arguments down the road.
We are looking into the Total Care package for an additional 36months/up to 100,000 miles with $100 deductable.
The quotes I received from Mazda of Milford in Connecticut were:
first $530
second $500
most recent $463 (says that this is their cost)
They've been nice to work with so far and this is where I bought my car and have it serviced.
They also offered a $0 deductable for an additional $450 (so do I think I'll be in 5+ times for warantee work, no, and I better not or I wont be buying a Mazda again).
I'm seriously looking into getting the warantee because we want to keep this car for atleast another 4-5 years and the fact that I am not a DIY type of guy when it comes to cars and don't have the right tools or space. I am at the mercy of what ever the mechanic says for the most part.... (although I've learned alot from this site)...
I found another site through a google search that has a very nice dynamic quoting sytem:

http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/mazda/pricing.html

This place is also out of Connecticut (a lincon, mercury, mazda dealer)...
When I used the system it came up with a quote of $1425. What I haven't confirmed yet is if it is with easycare... I called this dealer to see if they would do better than that quote and the who handles this wasn't there. They assumed I was from out of state so I guess they do a lot of out of state quotes. I'm still waiting for a call back from them.

Hope this may help someone in the same situation. I'll write back to give my final info.

'03 MPV ES Midnight Blue, power sliding doors, 4 seasons package, roof rack, 6 CD changer, cargo net, bumper plate... Someday, it will have mud gaurds and trailer hitch.
msecc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

sorry for the double post (over two days)... It looked like my post didn't work yesterday and when I refreshed today it still wasn't there so I rewrote it....
Jipster
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

msecc, the warranty coverage graph was a bit confusing. The basic powertrain warranties were often as much or more than the TotalCare warranty...for the same type of coverage.
2004 MPV LX (Plus Pkg, Traction and Airbag Pkg, All Sport Pkg, Roof Rack, 108k miles) Cosmic Sand
1999 Buick Regal LS (Leather Pkg, auto climate control,alloys, 124,000 miles) Desert Sand
kwong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

http://www.authorizedfordwarranties.com/mazda/epp-benefits.html

This offer seems decent, but it is good only at this specific dealer I guess.
kwong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

I have confirmed with the local Mazda dealer on the MEPP sold by AUTHORIZEDFORDWARRANTIES.COM. They told me that this third party warranties program is good nationwide. They can match the price by won't be able to beat them.
su_A_ve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

WARNING!!!

Authorizedfordwarranties.com is actually "Morande", a dealership in Manchester, CT.

They are NO LONGER a MAZDA DEALERSHIP

I verified with Mazda's MEPP center and they can no longer sell MEPP contracts. I've emailed back and forth with the finance manager and eventually they were trying to push me a Ford ESP program. A 3yr/85K was a good $500 more than what they had on their site... ugh

'85 626 Tan - Many memories - Will be missed
'01 MPV LX White - Great trips - Will be missed
'02 Protege LX Silver - Nice... - I'll still miss it
'05 MPV LX Blue Mica - The 'baby blue'
'05 Tribute i Dark Titanium - Glad it's gone. Ugh.
shahidchaudhry

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

Dear fellows,

I have a quick question. I have MAZDA MPV 2002 with 83K on it and I need service plan on it. I never had warranty on it and the van is in excelent shape for last five years and I want to keep it but I need protection for unforseen expenses as you all know of transmission problem. Do you know of any service or maintenace plan for it.

I will be looking for your response.

Thanks,

Shahid
Embarassed
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

Shahid - think you'll have trouble finding a reptable vendor for an extended warranty for a van with that many years/miles.

If you're willing to invest in an extended warranty, you might just as well be off setting aside what you would have spent on that into a rainy-day fund for breakdowns, and when it does break down go to an independent mechanic with a good reputation and avoid the dealership.

A good independent mechanic will stand behind his work and not necessarily insist on fixing problems with expensive original equipment replacements.

Good luck.

Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Extended Protection Plan (MEPP) Reply with quote

PS - I'm not sure where you are located, but in the states you can look for a god local mechanic at the Cartalk website, places like Angie's list, and references from friends/neighbors/co-workers (and maybe on this list if you live near a member with a good mechanic).
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: