MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FOREMPV

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

I am getting, supposedly, reimbursed for the expenditure incurred by the faulty rear heater lines on my 00' MPV. I just sent Mazda USA the paper work yesterday and I expect the whole process to take six to eight weeks. Thus, has anyone out there dealt with Mazda in this capacity, either on the heater line issue, or another problem. I am looking for feedback on Mazda USA; positive or negative. Thanks
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

Check out this long series of posts on this same thread topic.

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=8858&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heater+pipes

<edit> - oh, I'm sorry, you have already posted on this thread...

Quote:

00' MPV owner here and I had to have my rear coolant lines replaced last fall at a cost of around 700 bucks. The lines just did not have a few holes with leaks; these things were like burnt toast. Yes, I live in a Northern climate with lots of road chemicals, but these lines should not "evaporate" after 70,000 miles.

I will be getting some cash back from Mazda for my rear heater coolant line expediture and I have this site to thank for my unexpected windfall.

</edit>

I hope they treat you as kindly as they have treated our Canadian friends. Some have been dissuaded from buying another new MPV because of the slow attitude towards global support for a design fault. A seven year new warranty period has been indicated too for just this issue.

At least with this new thread, we can easily see their (MAZDAUSA) response to your problem - one that is preceded by the Canadian problems and response to their situation.

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper

Last edited by Kiwimpv on Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:17 pm; edited 3 times in total
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

Well, let us use this thread to deal with the reimbursement from Mazda and not the specifics of the heater recall. I'll leave the posts as is.

So, if anyone has been reimbursed for warranty work on their Mazda, this would be the place to share it.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
FOREMPV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

It has been ten weeks with a number of emails and phone calls on my part, but no check in the mail, yet. Customer service keeps saying they will contact Accounting to see if a check was issued to me, and that it may have been issued and sent to wrong address, or something of that nature. I have heard this excuse three times in a row. Customer service always promises they will get right back to me when they find some info on the status of the check, but nothing concrete as of now......excuses, excuses and more.....Any advice on this matter other than just "waiting patiently" would be greatly appreciated. I was told by Mazda this process would take six to eight weeks and I would expect 10-12 to be the norm. However, it is the lies by customer service that get my goat. I have asked Mazda a number of times to offer me the courtsey of knowing if Mazda at least received my paper work....."we will check with accounting and get back to you; please be patient."
Best regards with no intent of ever owning a Mazda/Ford ever again,
FOREMPV
FOREMPV

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

It "only" took three months from the date I sent out the paper work, but the Mazda USA corp. came through as promised by actually making good on my rear heater line expenditure that happened about a year ago. Kudos to Mazda/Ford, but this will still be the last Mazda/Ford I plan to ever own.
Cheers!!
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

3 months is 12~13 weeks vs 8 - 10weeks as they indicated, but what you anticipated yourself. But thanks for dropping back in and confirming they still honoured your past workshop account you paid for yourself when the dealer should have known then that it was a warranty issue... they (the dealership) may have also contributed to the delays themselves, about finding the old workshop account details and work performed and review on condition of piping as found vs general condition of the car... etc.

Still, that is good they finally did re-imburse you and admit the warranty issue was valid. Poor communications on MAZDA USA part though.

Kiwimpv

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
joe_pulkowski

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

We had experience on a different issue. Brought the 01 in for work, dealer found the control arm bushings were cracked. The Mazda extended warranty company would only pay for parts and labor for replacing the bushings. Dealer just couldnt press the bushings in without cracking them. Mazda USA paid 300 for the difference in completely new controls arms. in all honesty, the dealer (Flemington Mazda) and Mazda usa were very helpful.
nicoledc109

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: MAZDA USA AND REIMBURSEMENT Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
Check out this long series of posts on this same thread topic.

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=8858&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=heater+pipes

<edit> - oh, I'm sorry, you have already posted on this thread...

Quote:

00' MPV owner here and I had to have my rear coolant lines replaced last fall at a cost of around 700 bucks. The lines just did not have a few holes with leaks; these things were like burnt toast. Yes, I live in a Northern climate with lots of road chemicals, but these lines should not "evaporate" after 70,000 miles.

I will be getting some cash back from Mazda for my rear heater coolant line expediture and I have this site to thank for my unexpected windfall.

</edit>

I hope they treat you as kindly as they have treated our Canadian friends. Some have been dissuaded from buying another new MPV because of the slow attitude towards global support for a design fault. A seven year new warranty period has been indicated too for just this issue.

At least with this new thread, we can easily see their (MAZDAUSA) response to your problem - one that is preceded by the Canadian problems and response to their situation.

Kiwi
Thanks for sharing.
Watch The Other Guys Online Free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: