MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you buy an MPVClub.com Sticker?
YES!!! I'd love to buy a Club Sticker!!!
88%
 88%  [ 144 ]
No thank you , I'm not interested
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 162

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

The question is simple... Would you want to pay a small fee for a MPVClub.com sticker? The more people that say they would, the better chance that we can have them printed.

If you'd like, express what you'd be willing to pay, keeping in mind that all procedes would go to help keeping MPVClub.com the pop-up and banner-ad free community that we all enjoy.

If you haven't been following the conversation, please go to the Cool Club Decal thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I'd pay $10 for continued membership and the decal. Shipping included if possible.

I figure the more people ordering, the cheaper the price will get. Laughing

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I'd flip $10 for one. Would it be more enticing to new recruits and such for $5 though?

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Shipping included ladies and gents.

Tell your friends to vote. I need a headcount if you please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TonyJ

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I would pay $10 for a sticker too, but if lower by all menas, bring it on Laughing
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I am not a crook. I voted only once, I swear! blake

-Brian

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

If you vote, please be committed and also say what you'd pay. I'm assuming those organizing will need a hard number before ordering and to be able to give us all a valid price to expect.
Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
mk23666

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Between five and ten dollars is okay with me ... I don't have my MPV yet so maybe a vinyl window sticker that can be easily transfered when I do get one would be better.

But then again, if it's not removeable I'd have to buy another one ... he he he.
Charlie's Dad
2 - Carseat Family

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Sure sounds great count me in however are we voting for the "A" design? I like the outline design all in white. and how big are we talking again? I was hoping it would be pretty small like 1.2"X14". Thanks for getting close to creating the decal. I really look forward to putting it on my van!
'03 Silver LX - new
Roof Rack
Pwr Doors
Rear air
Step Plate
Aftermkts:
leather wheel
Mud guards
Ichibahn Dead Pedal (carbon fiber)
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I was thinking of plunking anoither donation in shortly anyway... and before i read any posts beyond JD's I thought $10 to myself would be fine... and each year the design could be altered and a new one offered or an alternative once the first is covered financially. Oh well, I always stretch the scope more than necessary... Sad Wink

What about Mirror Silver on black? (Or alt) I think that would look higher value and more professional. probably cost more though, although that plastic may be avail and all they do is add the black... JM2C - FWIW - YMMV - HTH - IIRC haha!

Those who want to look at the designs look here... (direct jump to graphics)

Cool Mazda decals

Well done RPMQ!! Great suggestion! Good design! YTM...

FWIW I love the No.2 design, it highlights the MPV nicely, and shows off the meaning of the line with Club and overall as a URL very clearly.

super spplause super spplause Mr. Green super spplause super spplause Mr. Green

Graeme

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
sslbaron
Dad's Taxi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Count me in for ten dollars or five if we get enough people. Are you giving a multiple purchase discount? Wink (The dw and I are thinking of maybe another MPV; possibbly an '04!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Yes, I do want one. I think the designs would go good with my "soon to be installed" Zoom-Zoom decals! Cool (Waiting for it to get over 30F) I like all the designs, so whichever one is chosen, I'm good with that.

Scott

'03 LX MPV, Black Mica, Rear Air, Roof Rack, mud guards, six disc changer, XM Sat Radio.
'95 Saturn SL2, Midnight Blue, fully loaded, XM Sat Radio.

***Get the latest re-flash for the transmission. It's well worth it!*** - 20,000+ Jolt Free Miles!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Express your preference of design(s) in the cool club decal thread. For now lets just leave this thread for the poll about who's interested in buying and how much you're willing to spend. That makes it easier to tally a show of hands for the order, the other thread then can be used to discuss the design(s).

-Brian

moosejohnson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

I love stickers..........
$10 sounds fine by me. As for design I prefer the small .com ones.

By the way will they add more HP Wink
RpmQ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

Doc, you know my price id be willing to pay etc etc etc

About vinyl decals/Answers to common questions;
(Doc chime in if your going to have these made another way, but from our conversations, I'm guessing this is accurate)
The decals will be made from 3mm thick high performance vinyl. This material is what most commercial vehicle graphics are made from. The lifespan is guaranteed by 3M for 5-7 yrs (depending on color) outdoor lifespan against peeling, cracking or fading. The decal will consist of letters only, meaning that anything outside or inside of the letters (background) will have NO decal material, allowing whatever background you place it on to show through. This means people who choose to 'remove' the .com portion, can simply cut the .com off prior to installing the sticker. This will not be a 'bumpersticker' (printed on a rectangle panel) decal.

There will be a low tack tape (Called application tape) covering the entire decal. Make sure the surface is completely cleaned, and wax removed with a good degreaser in the area you are planning on installing the decal. You can wax over the decal after it's installed. You peel the backing paper from the decal, place the application tape/decal onto the vehicle, and rub (preferably with a bondo squeegee or something similar) to apply the decal. Once its rubbed down good, you peel the application tape off, leaving only the decal letters on the vehicle. If you get any airbubbles showing try to rub them out, or poke the decal with a pin or exacto, and rub the air out through the pinhole (It won't show). Always install above in tempratures between 65-80 degrees if possible. Some people prefer to use a soap solution (about 1/4 tspn dish soap mixed with a spraybottle full of water) spraying the area prior to install. This is fine, and allows you to reposition the decal if needed, but also requires time to dry-out before you can remove the application tape especially when installing on glass.

At the lengths (roughly 12-15") which were being discussed, we should be fine on the rear window, and the rear window wiper. Theres room for about a 1.5" high decal at the top of the rear window, and a little more space on the lower right of the rear window available. I don't believe the lower left will be an issue. Having said that, the wiper may effect the decal over a long period of time, but because of the thickness of the strokes in this letterstyle, it should not be an issue. If you had real thin bits, or flowery cursive script fonts it would be an issue. Any water dribble, car wash brushes, etc should not be an issue/tear-up the decal, providing the surface was well cleaned/wax removed prior to installation.

The decals ARE removeable, but NOT re-usable. You will destroy them in the process of removing it (Simply use a hairdryer, or let sit in the sun on a summer day, to warm up the decal and peel it away. Without the warmth, the decal will be 'brittle' and 'chip' as you try to pick at it to remove it. Use a degreaser to remove any adhesive residue). Unless you are installing on fresh paint (Less than 72 hr curing time) it will NOT remove paint/clearcoat etc when removed. It won't ruin paint, but sometimes the exterior paint/clearcoat will fade over time, and when the decal is removed, a 'shadow' of bright glossy paint/clearcoat will be visible where the decal was (As with any sticker installation/removal).

-r

'03 Black MPV LX - 4 Seasons, Fog Lights, Roof Rack
'97 Montego Blue MX-5 - Touring Package
Miata: http://www.rpm-design.com/mx-5/
MPV: http://www.rpm-design.com/mpv/mpvtemp.htm

Last edited by RpmQ on Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: Club Sticker Poll!!! READ ME! Reply with quote

r

Thanks for the info. Now we have instructions before the product even ships! I'm truly happy with your designs by the way. How much more expensive would it be to have two designs? Maybe one outlined and one solid white or one chrome and one white?

Fox
Update the club merchandise with the new fonts I think it looks great! That whitesolid with red 'Club' looks great on the cap and t-shirts. I'll have to get one of each if you add that to the merchandise! Or maybe you should wait for the winning design so we can keep everything uniform?

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next  
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: