MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Tyre wear
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Any one else had excessive wear of the tyres? I have just had all 4 tyres replaced @ 9500 miles. Inside edge of all foru tyres worn away!!! Mazda & the dealer have covered most of the cost of replacement.....
Curious thing is that another 5 owner in the next village has had the same problem....... even more curiously the cars were consecutive cars from the production line.....

Let me know if any of you are suffering... Thanks
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Mazda Uk have just stumped up to cover the cost of the replacement tyres. This suggests that there is a problem!
I suggest that you keep a close eye on the wear of all the tyres. Also keep a close eye on the tyre pressures. 32psi all round is reccomended unless heavily loaded.

VFRBEE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

I'm getting some rear tire wear on the inside, but nothing excessive like you're talking about. The tires do seem to be wearing pretty fast for an OEM tire. I'm at 11000 miles now having rotated them at 7500. I'm guessing I'll get 30000 miles out of these. I'll see how good they are in the snow and then make the call.

My next set of tires will probably be the Avon M550. I have them on my Camaro Z28 and I'm quite happy with them.

06 Mazda 5 Sport
99 Camaro Z28
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Just had my car to a tyre depot to check on the tyre wear. I have now covered 3000 miles since MMUK financed the replacement of all 4 tyres. I am noticing uneven wear already, hence the check.
The results were alarming! 2.5mm out on the front and the rear out by 2mm He mentioned something about the rear thrust adjustment being out, which would cause the care never to be truly aligned with itself!
There appears to be several more cases of this anomaly in the UK. One person has no longer got hsi car because the dealer sugggested that there was an inherent design problem and that the rear axle was not wide enough......
It all seems pretty fishy to me and I am now awaiting the service manager from my dealer to get back to me.

VFRBEE

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

-Off Subject-

Since we're the only two on this thread.... What is SAFC?

06 Mazda 5 Sport
99 Camaro Z28
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Ah SAFC stands for Sunderland Association Football Club.

www.safc.com

The world's finest football club!!! Just going through some testing times at the moment Very Happy

WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Just got the car back from the dealers. They say that the tracking is spot on!!!

They have however increased the tyre pressures to about 38psi all round.
Herself who dirves it says that the car feels better for it.
We are going to give it 1000 miles and take it back to have them checked.

airman_slacker

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

I am having the same problem, but Mazda won't do anything for me because I have 18K on my 5 (unless it is an actual suspension component). Here are some others who are going through the same thing.

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123627383

I've had to replace 2 of my tires because two of them have gone completely bald in some spots of the inside rears. Mazda keeps saying alignment, but they also say they don't have the alignment specs. If they don't, then who does? I want to raise the BS flag over this, but I would much rather work with Mazda so we can all drive our cars and not worry about replacing the tires each year.
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

There is definitely an issue with the alignment of the wheels on the car. I have dropped the pressures to 35psa all round because the tyres were wearing in the middle of the tyre at 40psi.

The car will have done its 1000 miles after the weekend so I will be popping into the dealer to let them have a look. I will ask them what the alignment settings should be. See if they know.

I rather think that the problem is deeper than simply a tyre pressure one. Mazda need to get to grips with it pretty soon and sort the problem out once and for all.

N

WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Been back to the dealer. Rear tyres are 2mm more worn on the inside edge than the outside edge!!!

Dealer still says it is a tyre pressure issue...... (Not convinced!)

Logged an official complaint with MMUK. They are now woeking with the dealer to get to the bottom of the problem.

The tyres have now been rotated front to rear, and measurements taken..

Watch this space....

If you are in the UK please log a complaint with MMUK 08456 013147.
The more people who tell them about the problem the more chance they will fix it!

WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Just had car back for a recall to replacean exhaust heatsheild and sliding door lock mechanism....
Dealer had a look at tyres. Seemed to be pleased that they were not wearing as badly since they increased the tyre pressure.
I told them to get on to Mazda, and get things moving because any excessive wear no matter how small is not good enough on a new car....
The most important thing is however, if your car is suffering, ring Mazda directly and complain. Don't expect your dealer to either a) know anything about it. b) Tell Mazda you have a problem.
The more people that tell them directly the more chance they will do something to correct the problem.

was98strat

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

WidgenEds Dad wrote:
Been back to the dealer. Rear tyres are 2mm more worn on the inside edge than the outside edge!!!

Dealer still says it is a tyre pressure issue...... (Not convinced!)

Logged an official complaint with MMUK. They are now woeking with the dealer to get to the bottom of the problem.

The tyres have now been rotated front to rear, and measurements taken..

Watch this space....

If you are in the UK please log a complaint with MMUK 08456 013147.
The more people who tell them about the problem the more chance they will fix it!

At 40psi I'd tend to agree with your dealer. The manual lists the correct tire pressure as 34psi (section 10-6). When you go above that, tires exhibit different wear chacteristics, but if you run the correct PSI and the problem still happens. then you have a Camber issue
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:43 am    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

This is exactly what I want Mazda to realise. The tyres are wearing abnormally. They should get the problem sorted out.
WidgenEds Dad

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: MMUK admit problem! Reply with quote

MMUK are now admitting that there is a problem and are working on a fix with the factory.......

Success in part!

gpzjack

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyre wear Reply with quote

Does this seem to be a problem outside the U.S? We had a mitsubishi truck that had alot of issues and we were told that they set up the suspension different for roads in diff countries Our car has about 8k and tires look great.
07 Subaru Legcay
06 MAZDA5 TOURING CARBON GRAY
96 DAKOTA SPORT
78 FIREBIRD
03 KAWASAKI CONCOURS
( www.shadesandmore.net )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: