MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Custom Headers for my '00 MPV
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

There is another post over in DIY that has the long saga of my exhaust manifold experience. Have decided to bite the bullet and go all out for a custom designed header to suit the 2.5l Duratec engined '00 MPV.

Here is the link to the other Thread in DIY

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=13861

So the date for booking the beast into the shop is the 18th September. After disussions with the owner Trevor we are going to go under the pan of the PV engine, as there seems little chance of getting equal length secondary pipes to the CAT unless we do this.

I am hopeful I can get a dyno reading of before and after to confirm HP gains, but he seems confident of at least an extra 20hp.

The company doing it for me over here in Australia is CES Racing Systems. They have plenty of dealings with NA and have a fedex account apparently. They have plenty of experience and have unique designs for WRX's and other performance cars. There basic focus is horsepower.

Here is there link.

http://www.cesracing.com.au/

So sit back and watch as the project develops.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Cant wait for the 18th. Just be sure to post pics!!! PLEASE!
-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Bmwlover540i wrote:
Cant wait for the 18th. Just be sure to post pics!!! PLEASE!

No Probs. Think I might attempt to take some before photos next week over at my BIL place. He has a pit which could make the photo taking easier.

BTW the exhaust shop will have the car from the 18th. Takes them a couple of days to fabricate/check the flow and fit. So hopefully get the car back on the 21st at the latest.

It is interesting to look at the very unequal lengths of the standard system. Makes me think an accountant designed the oem manifold to CAT exhaust system, a bit like the existing oem CAI. No good when accountants get involved with the building part of the engine.

Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Can't wait for the pictures... If it's working propely I pretty sure of ordering one Wink

Powered by KAIZEN, TEIN, EUROVISION, DAI ALLOYS, GENERAL TIRE, TECHRACING AND SIMOTA

You've JUST been LAP'D
Gohkal
MPVClub Resident
Video Gamer
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Redline1 wrote:
Can't wait for the pictures... If it's working propely I pretty sure of ordering one Wink

ditto

http://www.callofduty.com/
http://www.treyarch.com/
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2397804
http://mstyle.ninpou.jp/ (M-Style Japan member #1125)
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I told Trevor when discussing the project with him that there may be some interested over in NA. That was when he told me he deals with Canada and US all the time.

Now to get that Dyno Reading before it gets done. Do you guys think this is important, as I know factory figures compared with actual output at the wheels are two different things.

Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

IIRC you lose around 20% at the wheels

Powered by KAIZEN, TEIN, EUROVISION, DAI ALLOYS, GENERAL TIRE, TECHRACING AND SIMOTA

You've JUST been LAP'D
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

So in my terms I think the MPV's

power: 129kw @ 6000
Torque: 227nm @ 4500

For Australia specs anyway so that should mean at the wheels it would be

power: 103 kw

I have asked CES if they will do a before and after, might still have to be at my cost but we wil see.

Are the NA stats different with the emissions junk on the vehicle.

Garandman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:35 am    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Redline1 wrote:

YMMV My H6 Subaru is rate for 250hp. At the wheels, 172.
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Garandman wrote:
Redline1 wrote:

YMMV My H6 Subaru is rate for 250hp. At the wheels, 172.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

That is 30% loss. This will be interesting indeed. Less that two weeks now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Just an update, have the car booked in locally for a dyno run to get a "before or baseline" figure for the hp and torque on Wednesday am (which I think is tuesday pm NA time).

Any hints on questions/data I should get out of this run other than the hp and torque??

Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

Hey I dont know what your price range is but if I were you I would have the shop change out all the O2 sensors (if yall even have them downunder) just to get those out of your way for later on in the PeeVee's life. Also they will help maintain and increase MPG. Which I know U and DW would love! Just a thought thou.
-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
Redline1
ZOOM ZOOMM PPPPSSHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Custom Headers for my '00 MPV Reply with quote

I can't wait .... just a few more days....