MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

What Wax Do Dealers Use?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikebai1990
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

What wax do dealers like Mazda use when they sell their cars? I heard that Acura uses Collinite 845 Insulator Wax, which I believe produces amazing results and long-lasting beading. Do dealers like Mazda care about what waxes they use? Or is it just easy on easy off, temporary shine?
2005 MPV LX+ Package, Black Mica, Traction Control, Side Airbags, Wheel Locks, Roof Rack

1993 Acura Vigor GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikebai1990

papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

Are you referring the wax used to prep the cars for sale or the added paint protection products used and sold to customers in the finance office?

Whatever they use for wax to prep the cars has minimal if any protection so it must be bulk and cheap since it's basically free. Not to mention that I haven't seen dealerships prep cars with anything more than old shop towels that leave swirl marks so no matter how good the wax is (even the pay stuff) they usually don't take care of the application removal as well as a professional detailer or enthusiast would.

the paint protection stuff is usually a polymer sealant. I got a bottle from a toyota dealership and found it very similar to Klasse SG. There's a thread here somewhere about that. Klasse SG can be had for $16 a bottle the stuff they sell at the dealership includes installation but adds hundreds to the car price. You do the math.

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
zebulon71

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

Years ago(1988-1992), I worked for two new car dealers in this area. When I prepped a car that had been sold, I gave it "theworks". I went through that car from front to back, top to bottom. I used exclusivley one brand of polish and wax: Meguiars. I felt that it was quite simply the best there was. Cool
zebulon71

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

Years ago(1988-1992), I worked for two new car dealers in this area. When I prepped a car that had been sold, I gave it "theworks". I went through that car from front to back, top to bottom. I used exclusivley one brand of polish and wax: Meguiars. I felt that it was quite simply the best there was. Cool
Mazdaze
Spnkin' Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

been seeing a lot of good feedback on Meguiars, but what do you guys prefer to use: the gold class or the ultimate wax?
smokingtee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

They are also using Meguiars? I have been using it for years.
2006 MAZDA 5 Sport
brolanz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

The Megs Ultimate Wax Liquid is a good product. It is a sealant actually because it is synthetic. It is easy to apply and provides long-lasting shine.
smokingtee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

brolanz wrote:
The Megs Ultimate Wax Liquid is a good product. It is a sealant actually because it is synthetic. It is easy to apply and provides long-lasting shine.

I definitely agree with you!

2006 MAZDA 5 Sport
Mazdaze
Spnkin' Driver

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: What Wax Do Dealers Use? Reply with quote

i see. I will take note of that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Detailing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: