MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Welfarewagon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

My 03 MPV seems to ride like a go kart, while I have only owned this for about 4 months compared to our last Grand Caravan this rides very rough and loud, is this normal? I can feel every bump I hit, I could probley run over a quarter and tell if its heads or tails.

Would replacing the shocks, struts and or tires help?

Are others having similar complaints or is this just part of the Zoom Zoom?

BTW I have 57000 miles on original shocks and run Yokohamma Avid H4's

Thanks

2003 Mazda MPV LX Emerald Mica
2000 Mazda Millenia S Sand Mica
2006 Ford F-150 Supercrew Oxford White/Arizona Beige
MODS: Sylvania Silverstars, 2004 & up taillight upgrade, foglights, K & N Filter, mudguards, 20% tint over factory tinted windows, Weathertech ventshades, Weathertech cargo mat, Mazda black rubber mats.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

Check the tire pressure, first of all, and correct it if necessary. Too much PSI and the ride can be harsh. Of course, don't go below the recommended 35psi on the door jamb placcard.

H rated tires can be firm versus other tires. Sometimes it the brand/make of tires or construction that makes them harder. Do note, the MPV does have a sporty suspension, and will be more tight than any Chrysler minivan.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Steve Foy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

Grand Caravans are known to give a soft comfortable ride. MPV rides much firmer. The trade-off is the MPV has much superior handling and braking.
rollie1960
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

My buddy made a comment about how smooth our 2001 MPV is he said that it's smoother than his wife's Tribeca I told him that the Michelin Hydroedge are what are doing it I know for a fact because I felt it smoother when I bought the tires. Good luck!
kwong

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

Please check it out. You can see it youself by turn the wheel all the way to the other side.
my 04 made a clunking sound when turning and going up speed bumps. The ride were rough. The dealer fixed it for me recently. It rides much improved. The swaybar links and bushings were the parts they replaced.
Hope this help and make sense.

http://carquestchassistraining.com/sus_sway_bar.htm
kwong

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Rough Rider 03 MPV suspension ?? Reply with quote

After 45K miles, my 04's rear shocks need to be replaced. All I felt was the vertical movement and shock from the rear every time the van hits a bump. The tech told me that he saw some Mazda with 20K miles needed new shocks. It makes me wonder if Mazda is using quality parts from their suppliers. I am glad that they are standing behind their products and replace it for me. But the warranty of my 04 is over soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Suspension All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: