MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

How did you discover MPVClub.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How did you discover MPVClub.com
Web search engine
69%
 69%  [ 188 ]
Link from another web site or forum
21%
 21%  [ 59 ]
From the MPVClub flyer I received
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Saw a decal, license plate holder, etc with mpvclub.com address on it
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
A dealer told me about it
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
Another MPV club member invited me
2%
 2%  [ 6 ]
An MPV owner told me about it on the street
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (please specify in your reply to this topic)
5%
 5%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 270

Catman
AudioSnob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Hey guys ....good to be here and thanks for making me feel welcome. I'm really into both car and home audio. I just play around with the car audio more. In my '96R I have a Nakamichi CD700 HU, McIntosh 1000W amp, FOCAL speakers in the doors and a JL Audio Stealthbox for subs. In my '97T I have a Nakamichi CD40 HU, Nakamichi EC200 x-over, Orion HCCA amp powering my subs (JL Audio Stealthbox with the 'inferior' 8W6's ripped out and upgraded to Image Dynamic ...running a 1 ohm final load) I have a 20 yo Nakamichi PA300 powering a set of POLK db's in the doors.

In the house I have a Nakamichi SR2A STASIS reciever powering a set of B&W for my computer system along with a Nakamichi BX300 tape player. Shocked In the master bedroom I have another Nakamichi TA4A STASIS reciever powering a set of Magnepan MMG's and a Speakerlab sub that has been upgraded to a DVC FOCAL 10" sub. There is a Nakamichi CD4A CD player as well. In the guest bedroom I have a Nakamichi SR4A STASIS reciever powering a set of JBL L100T (still sound great and hard to beat after 20 years) there is a Nakamichi OMS-3A CD player. For the main system in the living room I have a Parasound preamp and a Threshold amp powering a set of Martin Logan Aerius speakers. I'm using a Shandling (Tube) CD player and a SOTA turntable for those times that I want to listen to vinyl.

I guess you could say that I like Nakamichi from that previous list. Shocked You can also see that I am not really into home theater ...just 2 channel stereo for me when I'm serious about sound. I have thought about one of those all in one Home Theather systems from Best Buy for the bedroom. Wink

I am planning on putting a Nakamichi HU in the MPV along with either a Orion HCCA, Nakamichi or SoundStream amp powering my subs. Probably going to use either 4 Nakamichi SP80's or SP1010's. Will probably put FOCAL mids in the doors and some form of 'planar' speaker on the dash.

I have been 'rat-holing' Nakamichi equipment for many years and have enough in my 'stash' to open my own shop.

Well ....I've begun to ramble.

take care

>^..^<

You can't run with the big dogs if you pee like a puppy.

I love children ...but I can rarely eat a whole one.

Let us Prey.

If money is the root of all evil ...why do churches beg for it?

There are 10 types of people ...those who understand binary and those who do not.
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

wow that's a lot of Nak's!

One of my first systems at home was a Nak AV8 with some Tannoy M2's M1's and MC. I liked the punchy Nak sound and it was great receiver. I like my music in stereo as well, but I equally like the hometheater movie fun.

I've always read about focals but still haven't heard them. Need to get some things in order before going back to the car audio stuff...thanks for the info and stay away from my kids! Wink

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
ed8591
I eat vegetarians

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Hi, I found this site through google. There is alot of great information here for MPV owners. Ed
1989 Pacific Blue Mpv 98,000 miles
2005 Mazda3 Titanium Grey 14,000 miles and lovin' it

Cats are sociopaths!!
oldmedic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Probably MSN search engine. I'm sure a lot of us know what happens when we mention MPVClub at Edmunds. "Whack" followed by nasty letter telling us your membership will be terminated if we ever do that again. rage
Located in Blue Grass state; home of beautiful horses, fast women, and bourbon whiskey

2003 Costal Blue ES
2002 Malibu LS
2005 Scion Tc
2000 Cavalier LS
gorockrx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Well,
Hello to all, 1st Post for this "newbee", got an 04 ES Whitewater Pearl on the way Cool Can't wait...should be here in 2 days...

I am a certified Mazda fanatic...and had to finally get a good van after owning quite a few RX7's... 2 kids and the wife fit a little better in the van than the back of my 7...haha (Actually, we are replacing a Pontiac Montana...)

Anyway, I found the site using Google search engine and I was glad to see that there is a forum. I see some good and very helpfull stuff on here so far, and I look forward to being helpful myself.

Greg
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Welcome Greg! Glad you found us!

If you type in MPV CLUB in the google search text and hit I'm Feeling Lucky, you'll be taken to http://www.MPVClub.com. Excellent! super

Take some pictures once you get the van home, we're excited to see the new ride. Maybe even some of your RX pictures if you have 'em. Cool

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
gorockrx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Thanks Brian,
Yes, I am glad I found this forum. I REALLY like this one....better than all the others I have been on so far (for my other cars) ....no names of course... hehe Smile

I REALLY like the TSB's and fixes and such....Great Job! :good:

I look forward to spending some time here every once in a while.....ya know...when I'm not out drivin' I will see what we end up with...the 2004 TSB shows that my new van that is coming needs the first fix already Sad , but no problem....I am a Mazda Nut! I am very biased in favor of Mazda products and know most of them really well. This will be something different...and I think will be nice for our family's many travels....I will try to get some good pics when I get it home....thanks again,

Greg
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

HI Greg, and welcome! I got your message... check your PMs, m'kay? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gorockrx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

I got it...Thanks for the Welcome! I sent you a reply...
Greg
jkirby39

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

I had a link to the Yahoo discussion group, MPV2000. That link sent me here.
Regards

John Kirby
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Welcome John! Glad you (re)found the club! Cool Just in time for the 2nd anniversary here too!

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
dbusguy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

I joined http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/MazdaMPV/ and received this e-mail.

Quote:
Welcome to the Mazda MPV List.

We're usually pretty quiet but feel free to post any questions, concerns, or experiences.

Also, check out www.mpvclub.com

Carter Hunt
MPV List Moderator
'98 MPV All Sport 4wd
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:20 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

dbusguy wrote:
Carter Hunt
MPV List Moderator
'98 MPV All Sport 4wd

Wonder if that is anyone we know ? Laughing
I'm just guessing of course!!

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Kiwimpv wrote:
dbusguy wrote:
Carter Hunt
MPV List Moderator
'98 MPV All Sport 4wd

Wonder if that is anyone we know ? Laughing
I'm just guessing of course!!

He's Carter. He's the owner of MazdaMPV mailing list
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: How did you discover MPVClub.com Reply with quote

Thanks Alex - a very early MPVClub member. Smile
Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: