MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Mazda Premacy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
majfran
Mr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Can anyone voice an opinion about a nearly new 1.8I Premacy pulling to the nearside when you take your hands off the steering wheel. I thought this was only caused by chassis damage or poor geometry, but the dealer seems to think it is normal
All replies welcome.
Regards
Mick Clements

Michael Clements
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

You might try a wheel alignment. Also roads are often skewed to the side, so the water does not keep on them. When you are on road like that the car will pull to the side. Make sure you are on totaly even surface and see if it's still pulling.
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
majfran
Mr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Thanks for that but I have never in 40 odd years of owning cars experienced the car pulling to the nearside unless there was a problem, The DEALER seems to think that it is normal for a nearly new car to do this. I do not think this should happen and want know if anybody else has had the same problem.
Regards
Mick Clements

Michael Clements
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

It shouldn't pull. I'd first check tire pressure, and then make sure that the toe is set correctly, and generally that the alignment is within spec and not 'just barely.'

HTH
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

I agree with Java - likely to be uneven tire pressures. Otherwise, check around the front grill etc for signs of rework from an incident. Check the wheel rims for scratches or dents - just an indication that it might have been up over a kerb or sharp edge that can put your steering out. Because it is near new, then the other option of worn tie-rod ends would not be likely. Take care, it may be serious.

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
majfran
Mr

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Hi Kiwi & Java ,
Thanks for yor views re the Premacy.
According to the Mazda Service Manager the tyres are at correct pressure,
the tracking etc are all within spec and he says that all Premacys have the same quirk. The car drives like a dream even at high speed which is where any fault with the set up should show up ie juddering.
Do you think I should accept this or escalate the complaint with Mazda Head Office?
Regards
Mick Clements

Michael Clements
RedWingsGuy
MPVClub Addict
Ex-Hockey Taxi Driver
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Mick,

If the service manager insists that it is normal for Premacys pull to one side, perhaps he would like to take you for a test ride in another one that does (if he can find one).

Perhaps offering him an opportunity to drive your vehicle for himself might persuade him that further work is necessary to correct the condition of your vehicle. It might also work if you choose to appeal to Mazda.

One other thought comes to mind about cars pulling would be a bad tyre (belt problem). If this pulling started after a front/rear rotation of the wheels, switching them back could help to isolate the problem.

Hope this is helpful.

2003 LX Coastal Blue - Rear Air - 195,000 Miles. Sold 9/27/2013.

1990 Lumina Rust Bucket - 125K miles and rusted out Scrapped 8/05

2008 Scion xB Silver - Just automatic transmission - 60K Miles goaliegirl's ride

2011 Scion xB Crimson - Automatic transmission and Alpine Audio - 25K Miles My ride

2007 Passat Wagon from the in-laws - DW's ride.

Been there, done that.
Went somewhere else, did it again.
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

If possible, try a different dealer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Hi Mjf - I know what will fix it then - and I kid you not! New tires!
If tires have been over potholes, they can get damage in selected areas like the outer half or inner half. If your camber is like the MPV, ie +0.5deg ~ -0.5deg ie fairly neutral, then these faults can cause a car to wander, or follow tramlines in the tarseal roads in particular as they are layed by spraying in lines... but I digress.

Find a section of road that it always has the same predictable bad tracking, ie off to the outside or whatever, get some tires with more tread than yours, at the correct pressure, and even a softer compound, and try them on the front and see if it does the same thing. You may be able to borrow a couple of spares or something for the test.

Good luck!! Cool

Kiwi

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
majfran 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Thats amazing,
Thanks for everybodys interest and possible solutions to my little problem. Even more amazing is that all the replies come from the States. I think that I will take the problem to Mazda HQ and let them fight it out with the local dealer. I will post the result for your info as and when, again thanks its good to know you are not on your own.
Mick Clements
majfran2

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Sorry KIWI,
I meant to include you in my last post as having taken the time to send a reply to me. Next time you are in Katherine say hi to my daughter Janet. Just joking Cheers,
Mick
tickaz

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: Mazda Premacy Reply with quote

Hey from the looks of thing you got your little problem sorted out, very interested in know the out come plz post reply......

New Premacy Owner..PS dont have that problem
2002 Premacy Sport... Twisted Evil

Zoom Zoom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: