MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all potential
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mazda5

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all potential Reply with quote

Dear All,
I am a owner of the new Mazda5. I have enjoyed this super MPV and am very proud of owning it for about one week until a recent problem I found.
There is a high pitch irritating buzzing sound from the dash board that comes on every 12 sec. and lasts for 8 sec. I found out later that the sound is due to the air con.
I brought my car for a check at the Mazda workshop at Macpherson. The service adviser and the superviser brushed off the problem as 'operational sound' and implied that I am overly sensitive and being difficult. Evil or Very Mad I insisted on seeing the managers.
The managers told me that ALL Shocked units of Mazda5 have such sound, although to a varying degree of loudness and advised me to live with it. They said that they would be looking for solutions but did not promise when they could provide one. The solution that they are going to come out will not be to totally remove the sound but just to minimise it. That means the sound will still be there!!! Evil or Very Mad They also claimed that they had highlighted the problem to Japan. However, they added that this was normal sound and then currently not many people had complained.
I somehow have the feeling that they are not going to seriously address my problem unless more people highlight the problem to them.
Cars in Singapore is not cheap. How can such an irritating sound be considered as a 'operational sound' and 'normal'? Even if it is, my previous Nissan Sunny which now costs a fraction of Mazda5, has no such 'operational sound'. Was Nissan Sunny then 'abnormal'? Shocked
I feel that Mazda should be more serious towards customers' feedback. I am thus appealing to ALL Crying or Very sad Mazda5 users to listen to this buzzing sound and lodge a complain to the workshop so that they take up this matter more seriously and with greater urgency. You have paid for the cars and how could you just accept it that this is 'operational sound' when it is not found in other made of Mazda?
For potential buyers of Mazda5, if you can live with paying such a price for a car with an irritating buzzing sound which is 'operational', Confused welcome on board the Mazda5 family, even though I have to admit, Mazda5 is the MPV that is the most fun to drive around. But my enthausiam to share my joy of this car is totally lost with the way my problem is addressed. I can only enjoy driving it again when this sound is totally removed.
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Try to find another dealer, as I never heard of this sound in any pro review. Seems it is just your vehicle doing it so far and the dealer is just BSing you. You should complain to Mazda about them. BTW the easiest thing is to try a test drive in another 5 at the same dealer or at a different one to see if you can hear it in there as well. BTW if you get the tech from the dealer to sit in other 5 and not hear the sound, than take him to yours and hear it, it should be obvious that they need to fix something in your vehicle.
2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

i just bought a 5. My 04 Mazda3 made the same noise and it was annoying if you were idling with the AC on. It is the compressor kicking on and off making the noise. I have to tell you my 5 hasnt made that noise luckily. It has been hot here so the compressor would have no reason to kick off, but I am thinking it is a noisy compressor and needs to be replaced as my 5 doesnt do it at all. Come to think of it, my AC on the 04 wasnt very good and maybe that is why. Keep digging padawan!
perfecto
3 + 2 kids = Mazda5

Location: Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics and the best city in the world

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Had my 5 for almost 3 weeks now, and have not had any "buzzing sound" from the front (or anywhere else) of the vehicle. Methinks you need to take it to another dealer??
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
My 04 Mazda3 made the same noise and it was annoying if you were idling with the AC on.

Hmm, I don't hear that noice in my Mazda3. I'll try to listen more carefully, maybe I just missed it. But yes, the Mazda3's AC is quite weak. But Mazda has a TSB on that and I had it fixed. Still need to figure out if that helped or not (the heat wave here has ended recently, don't know for how long though)...
Platinum_Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

I'll listen for it next time I'm in the car. Ive got around 2800 miles now, so problems shouls start popping up I should think. The way I thrash cars, companies should pay me to test them.

BTW, nice sig Perfecto.
mazda5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Dear all,
Thanks for all your reply Very Happy . I will insist on a change in the compressor, albeit that they claim that they have looked at the compressor and said that it is ok. There is no promise that that would fix the problem, but I guess I will give it a try!
I did sit in the test drive unit in the show room, and yes, there is this buzzing sound though it is not as audible as mine. That they admitted. They then said that ALL units have such 'operational sound'.
Oh, btw, I am in Singapore.
I have told all my relatives about the problem and not to buy the 5 until the problems is addressed Razz .
I thought of bringing the problem up to Japan Mazda HQ but do not have their email or contact. Maybe if any of you have their contact can pass to me? Wink

Last edited by mazda5 on Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Hey Mazda5,

I've had my 5 for about 3 weeks now in Singapore too, and I haven't heard any of the noises that you mentioned. I've got abour 1200km on the clock.

I know what a pain it can be to deal with Mazda Motors here. I've tried ordering the 6 CD Changer and MP3 from them, and all the could tell me was that there's currently no stock, and the waiting time is 3 months. Can you believe that? In this day and age, we have to wait 3 months for such an item? HOpe you get your compressor fixed soon.

Cheers!
mazda5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Hi,
Thanks for the encouragement. Yup, my agent told me that the 6 cd disk changer and the mp3 player would only come 3 months later too. We decided to cancel our order to show our displeasure! They are paying us back the refund. It is rediculous to wait 3 months for a mp3 player!
Anyway, by their aftersales service, I might change my name to PRESAGE soon!! Laughing
They have finally placed the order for the compressor and but keep pushing the date! Evil or Very Mad
Anyway, I recommend you still try to listen to the sound. Get everyone out of the car. Turn off the stereo, turn the fan speed to one. It will be best if you hear it at night or after running a distance. It will come on almost immediately when the fan is turned on, lasts for 8 sec and then goes off for 12 sec. and comes back on again.
They have admitted that it is in every unit. You will just have to listen for it.
mazda5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Dear All,
They finally did some thing to the sound. They said that they changed some pipe or hose so that the sound is muffled. But it is actually still there but at least 1000 times softer. Smile
But guess what? The sound is transmitted much louder on the outside of the car. So if I stand on the outside with the aircon on, the "wrri - rrr" sound till comes on when the compressor set it. :<
They are going to have another look at it again. Will keep you all posted.
Nexxster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear that you're still having these strange noise problems. I haven't had any problems with my car since I got it. Hope Mazda Motors solves this for you quickly.

BTW, I've ordered the 6CD MP3 Changer from mazdastuff.com. It shipped yesterday, and I'm eagerly tracking the shipment via the UPS website. It's nonsense that there's a shortage of these players. And even with the shipping from the US, it works out slightly cheaper.

I have to admit, the after-sales service at Mazda Motors Singapore really sucks. And to think that Mazda run the dealership themselves.
CossieBoy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

You'll like the MP3 player Nexxster. I ordered mine with it.
It's not a minivan!....It's a "space wagon!"
Nexxster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Hey CossieBoy,

Thanks! I'm really looking forward to getting it. I just hope that I can remove the existing head unit without damaging anything. I'll post the progress with pics on this forum once I get my hands on my new 'toy'. It was a toss up between this and an iPod, but I figured I listen to my music mostly in the car any way.

Is tax in Ontario still 7%GST + 8%PST? It's been 10 years since I was last in Toronto.
CossieBoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

Oh yes! on the tax question. I guess that's what we get for the free health care, which is getting harder and harder to use everyday.

Stupid people lock up the emergency rooms all the time with bullsh#t like stubbed toes and mild cases of the flu. I was talking to a guy awhile ago that was in the E.R. with his son who busted his arm dirtbiking and they had to wait roughly 4 hours to see a doc because of other dumb crap others were in for.

It's not a minivan!....It's a "space wagon!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Re: Appeal to all Mazda5 car owners and Warning to all poten Reply with quote

I've had my Mazda5 Sport for a little more than a month now. On my Mazda5, I've noticed the AC being quite loud from the outside of the car. But the sound does not carry at all into the inside of my Mazda5...sitting IN the car, I can barely hear the engine at all! A very pleasant and quiet driving experience, so I'm not concerned about the external noise level.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Mazda5/Premacy Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: