MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

maintenance records prior to purchase of used van
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sam1509

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: maintenance records prior to purchase of used van Reply with quote

I would be grateful for your advice on the following iusse.
I purchased an used 2000 MPV LX from a Mazda dealership on 15 June 2005. It had 34k miles on it. The dealership sold me the TotalCare extended warranty, but I have 30 days to opt out and cancel. The contract requires that the customer maintain the van as per the schedule in the manual. Do they also require me to show proof that van was maintained correctly before I purchased it? When I bought the van I was given no past maintenance records and I do not know who the owner was.

Sam
TonyJ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: maintenance records prior to purchase of used van Reply with quote

No that warranty would have included you and the miles it has listed on the contract, (34K). So basically it starts w/ you. No worries in that aspect there.
Tsunami Blue 2005 ES w/ moonroof, PSD, and 17's; DVD system; Sirius Sat radio
2007 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition!
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: maintenance records prior to purchase of used van Reply with quote

You can always call the warranty company and get clarification on the mileage. Even after that, if you're unsure or not comfortable with the explanation you do have the right to cancel it. The dealer should be able to explain it to you, make them own up to it.

You can call MazdaUSA and have them check the VIN for any outstanding recalls and possibly even the repair history - but only if the vehicle was serviced at a Mazda dealer.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Warranties All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: