MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Good deals (sale prices) on ......
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

I thought I'd start a thread for posting information on specials or promotions on products that might be used in an MPV, i.e. just tell what the product is, what the special deal is, and for how long. Preferably at retailers that have a national, or at least a large regional presence.

So my contribution is: A few posters have mentioned using Castrol GTX 5W20. There was an ad in the Sunday (7/28/02) paper (the ad was an overlay on the comics--I had to rip it off in order to read the comics--naturally after I had read all the serious news!!) from Checker Auto Parts for Castrol at $1.29 per quart with coupon, and then a $0.50/quart mail in rebate for a final price of $0.79 per quart. Coupon good through August 10, 2002. Note that I have taken advantage of the special in the past, and they do ask that you bring in the coupon from the paper. Also, IME they normally do not stock a lot of 5W20, so you might want to call first to make sure they have some available and have them hold it for you. Dan

[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
wayne

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re:Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

Dan, was that a mail in to Castrol rebate or something Checker Auto was doing? I don't have a Checker here, but I definitely use a bunch of Castrol (both vehicles plus lawn mower).
Wayne
00 MPV LX Sand Mica
90 Honda Accord EX, 184k and still in great shape!
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Re:Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

wayne wrote:

Dan, was that a mail in to Castrol rebate or something Checker Auto was doing? I don't have a Checker here, but I definitely use a bunch of Castrol (both vehicles plus lawn mower).

Wayne--Both. There was a coupon that you presented to Checker when making the purchase which got you the sale price, and then you got a rebate slip to fill out and mail in to get money back.

Note that Checker Auto Parts is part of CSK Auto, Inc. CSK also operates Schuck's Auto Supply, and Kragen Auto Parts. If you have one of those two stores near you, you might find the same deal is running.

2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2002 9:15 am    Post subject: Re:Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

The Checker ad in Sunday's (8/18/02) paper showed a sale on Pennzoil. With coupon the price was $1.27 per quart. After using mail in rebate ($6.00 per case) the price was reduced to $0.77 per quart. You can get up to two cases per coupon and "see in-store rebate for details" regarding rebate. I have seen Pennzoil 5w20 in my local Checker and see no reason why it would not be available as part of this deal. Prices good through September 7, 2002.

Also, for those fortunate enough to live in the upper Midwest, Mills Fleet Farm has Citgo motor oil (including 5w20) advertised as being on sale at $0.89 per quart, with a Manufacturer's mail in rebate reducing the final outlay to $0.49 per quart. Limit of 48 quarts at sale price and 12 quarts for rebate. This sale runs through 8/24/02.

Usual disclaimers regarding availability and acceptability apply. Caveat emptor. I am not recommending for or against ony of these products, just reporting about the ads I have seen.

Note that 5w20 seems to be more widely available than it had been, and sale prices do seem to apply to it just the same as other weights. If looking for 5w20, just watch the automotive ads in your area and a good price should be available before too long.

Addendum--I was in Fleet Farm today and checked the Citgo 5w20. It specifically stated that it met the requirements for Ford and Honda engines that need 5w20.

hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

Jordan 11 Red
Polo Ralph Lauren
Air Max Pas Cher
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora Canada
Lebron James Shoes
Adidas Shoes
Pandora Sale
Puma Shoes For Women
Pandora Charms Sale
Yeezy
Nike Shoes For Men
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Red Bottoms
Timberlad Boots For Men
Louboutin Shoes
Longchamp Handbags
Nike Air Max
Yeezy Beluga
Kevin Durant Shoes
Nike Shoes For Men
Air Max 90 Pas Cher
Moncler Outlet UK
Pandora Jewelry
Louboutin Shoes
Adidas Outlet Store
Pandora
Nike Outlet
Moncler
Air Force 1 Shoes
Retro Jordan 11
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Louboutin Shoes

Hilda Cole
ploy2018

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Good deals (sale prices) on ...... Reply with quote

Red Bottom for Women
Lebron 15 Shoes
Under Armour Shoes
Nike Air Uptempo
Pandora Outlet
Pandora Jewelry
Longchamp Outlet Sale
Jordan Space Jam 11
Michael Kors Outlet Online
Pandora Jewelry
Coach Factory Outlet
Nike Lebron 15
James Harden Shoes
Yeezy 350 V2 Boost
Coach Outlet Online
Kyrie Basketball Shoes
Vapormax
Ralph Lauren UK
Kate Spade Outlet
Ecco Shoes
Ralph Lauren Outlet Online
Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Nike Air Max 2018
Ultra Boost Uncaged
Clarks Shoes
Kate Spade Outlet
Curry 4
Curry 4

Patricia Loy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Buy/Sell/Trade All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: