MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

MPV's Coming... At The Double
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raitchison

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: MPV's Coming... At The Double Reply with quote

From Auto Express

Quote:
As well as the standard 308 variants, Peugeot is planning a mini-MPV to rival the SEAT Altea and VW Touran. The seven-seater will be based on the same platform and be badged as the 3008

That's because of the firm's new naming policy - set to debut on next year's 1007 - which sees people carrier models getting an extra zero in their name. Bosses say it should be pronounced with the 'double-oh' in the middle, not three thousand and eight.

The newcomer will come with electric sliding rear doors - unlike its rivals which have conventional openings - and use the family nose. But it will look more like a scaled down 807. It will debut at least a year after the standard 308, and use the 1.6 and 2.0-litre diesel engines from the hatch, plus the 2.0 petrol units.
ARJOSHUA
MPVClub Addict
left foot braker
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Re: MPV's Coming... At The Double Reply with quote

i think in europe mini-vans/space wagons are a bit taller and seats more than station wagons are called MPV"s since SUV's are non-existant I don't know
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2179082

03' MPV ES: TEIN S-Tech, 19"x 8.5 + 45 Conceptone Visions ,Fuzions 245/35/19, H.I.D Projector retro-fit FX-R w/ clear lens mod,HKS air filter, Fujitsubo Wagolis muffler,Auto Exe grill,Mintblue rearspoiler,jdm widow visors,04' Tail lights,Gargage vary front lip, Jdm side mirror blinkers
lazyfox_
MPVClub Posting Maniac
sleepless computer addict
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV's Coming... At The Double Reply with quote

Here is Touran from our recent visit of Ireland. Might look smaller as the angle is from top of the double-decker Dublin City Tour Bus.

I haven't seen any MPV's on Irish roads while we were there, but also I saw more RX-8s over there than here in US since the launch. One of the more noticeable people movers was the Mercedes A-Class, you could easily see couple of them per day on Irish roads.

The roads are mostly fairly narrow over there, so smaller cars were in plenty, a lot of small Fiats, Renaults and a lot of Nissan Micras. I noticed that a lot of people have been driving Alfa Romeos there. Talking small, I actually saw the Mazda2 in real once. Wink

2002 Mazda MPV ES Sunlight Silver Zoom-Zoom
2009 MAZDA3 s Grand Touring 5-Door Stormy Blue Mica Zoooom-Zoooooom

[img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/cz.gif[/img:f9299cb053] [img:f9299cb053]http://home.earthlink.net/~petrakimbox/usa.gif[/img:f9299cb053]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
03LX_ZoomZoom
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: MPV's Coming... At The Double Reply with quote

In Europe, those are "real" minivans. Not their forever enlarging counterparts in USA.
JMTRANSAMSD455
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: MPV's Coming... At The Double Reply with quote

In Europe, you need vehicles that are fuel efficent and must handle well on all those small winding roads. That would eliminate most of those huge SUVs that you see in the US and Canada. Also you should see their gas prices. That is why they drive small vehicles like Fiats, Mini's, Renaults and those little Vespa motorbikes. Jack.
2003 ES Sunlight SilverMobil 1,K&N 102,800m Hers,2015 CX-5 Grand Tour AWD2.5 Meteor Grey Mica MOLY oil29,000m2016.5Mazda CX5 TouringAWD DeepChrystalBlue MazdaMOLY GF5 Oil 29,8005m,Son,2008 MAZDA 3S TOURING 2.3L HATCH Aurora BlueK&N Mobil1 78,800m,2015 MAZDA3HATCH 2.5GT Liquid Silver 9000mMOLYOil ,2016 Subaru Forester Limited2.5AWD Quartz Blue Pearl MolyGF5Oil5,115mHers,1974 Trans Am LS-2 Bucanneer Red113Km SOLDr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Minivan Comparisons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: