MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Fitting Pics into Profile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Here I am again with more questions concerning how to do something on this site.

I spent all evening tonight trying to get a pic from my computer to fit into my profile. I know that there is a file size limit of 6KB, but even when I got it down to 4.5KB, it still refused it saying that I had exceeded the 80 pixcel x 80 pixel limit.

The problem is probably starts with the fact that I take all my pics on my digicam at 1024 x 768 to get the best resolution when I do my slide shows. But I'm finding out that just reducing the size of the file doesn't solve the problem, there's still too many pixels.

Is there a way to reduce the resolution within my computer software so I can get within the server limit? I notice that All Sport and Kiwi have nice sized pics in their profile, so I am seeing that it is not just the physical size of the pic that does the trick.

In a recent thread, Kiwi said a simple 256 color gif. How do I do that?

Any help you can give this poor photo reduction challenged retiree will be greatly appreciated.

AZRonS

Old Smokey, my first MPV, 94 - 2WD, ---Gave her away!!
Wife's car---1996 Infiniti I-30, 110K---A great car!
2001 OdyEX, 94K---Could almost park Old Smokey inside her!!{Here's Old Smokey![/color][/b]
javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Here's something you can do...

1. Open your pic using Microsoft Photo Editor (comes w/Windows XP)
2. Go to the Image Menu
3. Select 'RESIZE...'
4. Change the size units to 'PIXELS'
5. Change your image size to something 80x80 or smaller.
6. Save file as... Smile

If you have trouble, just email the file to me and I'll get it working for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Thx Java-----

I am still using Windows 98, so I do not have Microsoft Photo Editor. I did look on the Internet this evening for a downloadable photo editor. I found one and downloaded it. I tried it out on a few sample photos, so I got the hang of it.

I have needed an editor for some time now anyway, so this was just a chance to get one. I guess I'll have to download the full version tomorrow.

Thx anyway. You guided me in the right direction.

AZRonS

2001 OdyEX, 94K---Could almost park Old Smokey inside her!!{Here's Old Smokey![/color][/b]
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:48 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

And looks like you got the profile pic working too! Cool

You can also try using Microsoft Paint. If you have Office, it should come with a Photo Editor, but may not be installed by default.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Yep! Got it working, so I decided I would let you know about my Swedish background. You know thatthey say "You can tell a Swede, you just can't tell him much."

I guess I'll have to combine the Swedish flag with a Swiss flag, the other half of my heritage, just to keep it fair.

Back to the subject, per your suggestion I will look at Microsoft Paint and also look at Microsoft Office to see if it is either hidden on my computer now, or if it is on the original CD. Good suggestions.

AZRonS

javadoc
Administrator
Forced-Induction Addict
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Swedish Power! Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

You got it!!!!!
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

What, no Volvo in your stable? Wink

IIRC, Microsoft Photo Editor is listed as PHOTOED.EXE

If you had Windows XP, you could resize an image just by right-clicking it using the Image Resizer PowerToy: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
AZRonS
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Fitting Pics into Profile Reply with quote

Nope! No Volvos.

Until Volvo changed their model line a few years ago, I was never impressed with Volvo, even though I do have Swedish blood running thru my veins. I had friends that had Volvos, and every one of them had ongoing troubles.

Now that Volvo has made major changes, I am much more impressed with them. I have a friend with an S-80. What a car!!! The problem now is that since I am retired, I am not really in the market to spend the big bucks required to buy a new one.

Probably my best bet is to wait a few years until they get down into my price range, and then pick one up.

For now, it is going to have to be Old Smokey for me and the Infiniti I-30 for the DW.

AZRonS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: