MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Cars and air pollution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diana

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

Too many cars have created a lot of serious problems in our world. Besides congestion, accidents and fast fuel consumption,cars are responsible for a good part of air pollution in big cities. All the time, they are pumping huge amounts of waste gases into the atmosphere. These gases are very harmful, causing disease and even death. Last winter, car fumes formed heavy smog over Beijing, making the sky gloomy for weeks and deteriorating people's health.
One possible solution is to design and develop clean cars and clean fuels. In Tsinghua University, campus buses are driven by electricity. In Beijing some of the public buses begin to run on natural gas, which does not give off as much carbon dioxide as the petrol. But it may take decades for the new models of clean cars to completely replace the traditional ones.
Another solution is to develop modern public transportation systems and restrict the use of private cars. If the price of petrol rises constantly and the public vehicles are efficient and convenient enough, most people will not private cars. And the total number of cars in big cities will reduce greatly. On the whole, the elimination of air pollution needs the co-efforts from the government, the public and the environments. This problem will be solved only with the help of science and technology.

Everyone has a dream,but not everyone can realize the dream.
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

mmmmmm, spam.

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

Not selling anything, only expressing an opinion. Her other post looks legitimate. I think we are probably OK.
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
OBB-MPV

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:13 am    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

Evil cars....Evil trucks....Evil internal combusion engnines of every sort.

I'm sure they cause some pollution but they've been getting cleaner since the 70's at least.

Let's pick on something else for a change. How about restaurants?

There's a Burger King on my way home from work at the intersection of two busy roads. It's rare to see a vehicle smoking at the light, although it does happen occasionally, yet every day there's a 2 foot wide bolt of smoke billowing out of top of BK. I bet it would take a month for the cars at the light to make as much pollution as that restaurant does in one day.
Diana

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

Only till my natural death could I tell which of what I have been doing is right or wrong, so now I have to try to do well in everything, and then wait to die a natural death. From that you would get angry with your friends, we can conclude you sitll care about the friendship between you.
Everyone has a dream,but not everyone can realize the dream.
novalight
Administrator
A-spec Touring Edition
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

how much wood can a wood chuck, chuck?
2004 A-spec Touring Edition (look it up)
instagram: Tangofury
Added Suspension: Carbing Tower Bar, TEIN Stechs, Airlift Airbags, Energy Suspension Bushings
Added Exhaust: Cherry BOMB Glasspack, 22" X 3" TIP
paulaM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

Quote:

not sure but one thing I'm sure of, it's a tongue twister.Very Happy
TyraNoah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: Cars and air pollution Reply with quote

paulaM wrote:
Quote:

not sure but one thing I'm sure of, it's a tongue twister.Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy
Quite interesting. Takes me back then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Pricing and Dealers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: