MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

New in Town
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mcmfan92

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject: New in Town Reply with quote

What's up everyone.

I am the proud (co)owner of a 1997 MPV Sport 4WD. It belongs to my wife, is white on grey with tan cloth interior, and had 195k miles on it.

The 4WD works, although the differential lock clunks on release, and I can smell old fluid. I have no clue when the differential system was serviced last. Same with trans fluid. I have zero clue.

The air leveling suspension is inoperable, and I'm probably going to find a set of skyjacker shocks and throw a schrader valve in the back bumper, as I've been unable to find a new compressor of any kind. I'm not quite sure how the plumbing to those works either, or I'd just throw a 12V tire pump in its place....

I finally found the power steering reservoir..and upon checking was empty (full now). The steering also has an issue, I'm convinced it's rack bushings, as you will take a right hand corner, and when you straighten out, the wheel stays pointed to the right. Same with a left turn. When you straighten out, the wheel points to the left a bit.

Also last and final issue, while these are non-interference engines (thank God), her grandfather changed the water pump and left the timing belts (I'm changing them soon. No thank you), and after installing all the accessories, we had a belt squeal. Easy enough, crank the alternator as tight as I could (safely) and tighten the bolt. Belt squeal is gone, however, when my headlights are on, and I'm in drive at a stoplight holding the brake pedal, the battery and A/T temp light both dimly illuminate. As soon as I rev it a bit, they shut off. So I'm assuming a bad alternator, I'll be checking this evening.

Anyway. Thanks for the read. I'm glad to be here.
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: New in Town Reply with quote

hey there, welcome!

to be honest, this site is pretty much a ghost town but there are a few of us that still check in from time to time. the site still has a ton of information that will help you maintain the mpv for years to come.

welcome again!

Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: