MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

1998 MPV distributor gasket needed
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPVSURFER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:13 pm    Post subject: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

Does anyone have a distributor cap gasket they could part with?
I am doing timing belt job and replacing many other items while in there,
van has 216K on it. tks!

98 MPV ALLSPORT ES 2WD 194k MILES, SUPER CLEAN!
MPVSURFER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

Come on guys! Please help me out!
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

your best bet is the junkyard, or getting a new dist and removing the gasket. i dont think mazda has anymore mpv items Sad Sad
Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

MPVSURFER

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

chase, thanks for the reply. Mazda does have many of the parts i needed here just recently, i was surprised! The Dist. gasket, NOT!! May have to buy Ebay distributor to get the gasket.
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

just in case you need it

part number of the dist gasket cap is at the bottom-left of the page in the link.

https://ibb.co/bz2R3ZV

JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

This link will take you to the page for the gasket cap from Jim Ellis Mazda. I've bought the majority of my parts for the mpv from there. great people.

https://www.jimellismazdaparts.com/products/Mazda/MPV/Gasket--Cap---Distributor/1885836/JE9618V57.html

MPVSURFER

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

Thank you Chase, will contact them!
MPVSURFER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

I tried Jim Ellis Mazda and they did not return my email request and their phone number shown is NOT valid. Huh?
98MPVRED

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

Bit of a long shot here but what about looking at other sources for gaskets? Is there anything possibly in a pool supply store that might be the same size? I saw on Amazon one time about a guy who fixed his Nissan with a pool pump motor O ring as he couldn't get a Nissan one. What material and size is the gasket? I guess if it is a unique shape then this approach wouldn't work. Just a thought as I see you've been at this quest for some weeks.

Also.....I've bought from these guys for MPV and Mazda 6 and they have been reliable. They may be able to help.

https://www.onlinemazdaparts.com/p/51650849/Je9618V57.html
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: 1998 MPV distributor gasket needed Reply with quote

MPVSURFER wrote:
I tried Jim Ellis Mazda and they did not return my email request and their phone number shown is NOT valid. Huh?

sorry about that bud, its been a while since i ordered from them and maybe they are out of business.

what about using a gasket sealer? apply around the cap, press down and screw? worth a shot?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: