MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Are there any actual MPV members left here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonywhite79

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

You still on here Poptop? or did your last van finally call it quits?
KrazyKanuck
Master

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I'm back.. I just bought another PV, a 1998 4WD
GUNS.. LOTS OF GUNS
*Avoiding people* something I have been doing for 40 years.. Its easy to do, when you have agoraphobia (Fear of crowds / people). I also have depression and anxiety. Stay Safe during this crazy time..
orangewhip928

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I still check in, though there's been a ton of spam here the last couple of years. I love my '98 4wd. I'm about to drop a bunch of money into it- I just can't let it go. The whole family loves this vehicle
Joeinoc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

Just checked back in, got a trans from a recycle yard in OR and am back on the road in AZ.
Got it from ebay , and with professional install was less than a grand.

1996 MPV 2wd
shaddoweaver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I'm still around. I have a look in on the site every now and then. Looking for air assist airbags for the rear of my 2000 PV without much luck here down under.
ersol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I'm still here. Still driving my 91 V-6; 168,000 miles.
RakNaks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

Well i'm back! Going to replace valve cover gaskets and the blanking plate on my third MPV this weekend.
nwuser

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

yep, '91 253,000 original owner
new problem: whine in drivetrain
ongoing: chirping from control module, kinda irritating
Morganshaker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I'm here...checking back, my '96 MPV is parked and needs help...stuck..only mechanic who will work on it is the dealer, and we are into it over $3k still trying to find engine problem. Wonder if engine swap is only solution now. Vehicle is basically perfect otherwise, 145k, no rust, all options except tow package. I'd do anything to figure out a way to get it back on the road for road trips...Located on Cape Cod, MA
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

Wow

I picked up a '19 durango last year, my MPV is still in my driveway. now i'm wondering if its worth it to resurrect her.

- Rear cylinder lock broken
- Both driver side and passenger side doors wont open
- elec gremlin sucking the life out of my battery
- no heat, no a/c
- needs a detailing

right now shes my storage bin for my woodworking tools lol. damn i should get her back up but i'm not trying to spend more than 2k. i'll see what i can do lol. good to see you guys still using the mpv. best vehicle period....legend

Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

vincentkou98

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

@chaseNYC Get the mpv running again haha, such a rare car as of now and we would hate to see one more hit the scrappers
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone / 4 Channel Amp (Components & Coaxials) / Sound Deadened Front to Back / 55W HID Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit/ Front, Side, OEM Rear Wind Deflectors / NOS Mud Guards / Aluminum Cluster Rings / Running 235/70/15s
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD
Black & Silver 2 Tone
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
Black
ctom3
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:00 am    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I am not sure who "actual members" are, but i guess I'm one. This is the first time in many months since I last looked in on the site. It's too depressing considering how active and full of really nice people it used to be.

Chase, congratulations on the Durango. I hope you get as much service out of it as you did your MPV. Unfortunately, it may be time to grieve and move on. From what I can tell, there are no longer decent sources for parts, and the van will require more and more work to keep going.

Take care everyone. Wear a mask and wash your hands!
Ethaniscool

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

Im a new member but yeap still here! I have a 98 with about 80k miles now.
1998 MPV 4X4
1993 Miata
1993 Miata (Drift Car)
1983 Rx7 Widebody
hitechseeker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any actual MPV members left here? Reply with quote

I still have my 1996 MPV. I spend more time working on it that driving it, but its the only "utility" vehicle I have. Working on things is a past time as well. It holds most of my tools and allows any kind of transportation of large objects like recliners or landscape material. It does leak a lot of oil --I have been meaning to do a valve cover gasket job, but do not seem to get around to it. I have a flaky Neutral Safety Switch, which I just replaced, but now need to find out how to adjust the linkage to it, so it adjusts smoothly. I could not find any descriptions, so just going from transmission to the gear selector to see what can be done when I get spare time. I see some nuts near the transmission but I am not sure if they are used to adjust the linkage, due to lots of oil residue.

The van suffered from peeling clear coat, which I tried to fix and made things worst. My family hates it( looks wise and amount of time I spend working on it) and want me to get rid of it and get something "younger". However, I find it hard to let go, since the transmission, and engine was replaced some 20K miles ago, and I feel that other than looks ( paint job is $1-2K), it can still serve ! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: