MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

01 MPV LOUD vvv grinding from EGR hose! Troubleshooting req
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Everettanderson2017@gmail
MR.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:59 am    Post subject: 01 MPV LOUD vvv grinding from EGR hose! Troubleshooting req Reply with quote

Hello friends and fellow MPV'ERS,

Iam working on my grandmothers 01 MPV. Had a stalling and rough idle issue. We have spark, compression and lack of airflow.

The EGR valve has a 3/4" hose coming from it that connects to the air intake. At idle, and at increase, the vehicle makes a very loud VVVV. VVVV. VVVV. sound in cycle with the motor. I disconnected the 3/4" hose from intake manifold, and felt suction on it as it was connected to EGR. Once I placed my thumb over the vacuum hose, the vvvv sound went away.

I took apart the MAF, booster, boost sensor and cleaned them tightened all connections in vacuum system.

Egr stays under vacuum on my thumb, but lessens the vacuum as engine changes idle. No bad sounds.

Is the EGR valve and electronic the issue, or is it something else?

Issue #2: same scenario, same sounds however when I disconnect the molex plug from the MAF, THE engine does not stop...it increases to 2500 rpms.

Any help, assistance, advice etc. Would def. Be helpful. She has a doctors appointment tomorrow at 230pm.

**I work in commercial HVAC in Seattle and the surroundingg areas doing electrical and plumving diagnosis. Ive worked on many valves similar to this for refrigeration systems. (brand name freon). I'm asking for assistance with this as I can repair everything into a vehicle as long as I watch a handful of youtube videos, then write out the process, get my tools in order, and save my beers for the end of the day when Ive created atleast 20 new swear words.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks all

**I work in commercial HVAC in Seattle and the surroundingg areas doing electrical and plumving diagnosis. Ive worked on many valves similar to this for refrigeration systems. (brand name freon). I'm asking for assistance with this as I can repair everything into a vehicle as long as I watch a handful of youtube videos, then write out the process, get my tools in order, and save my beers for the end of the day when Ive created atleast 20 new swear words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: