MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MPV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s720

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MPV Reply with quote

Help! Help! I tried to search and search and search for the changing spark plug pictured guide on the forum but could not find it. If anyone had the link, I would appreciate so much. Thanks for your help.
Olyts
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

Here you go sir!

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=122317#122317

2010 Toyota RAV4
quangtranil

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

Olyts wrote:
Here you go sir!

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=122317#122317

Hi Olyts, thank you so much man. I replaced all six spark plugs with Autolite Double-Platinum. I could not replace the ignition coils since I could not purchase any from where I live. I followed the picture guide, and now I don't have the hesitation problem on my MPV anymore - SO FAR. I will test some more tomorrow.

Olyts, I remember you way back from 2002. I have not been to the forum since 2003. My current login is S720. Since I could not remember my old login name at the time when I wanted to search for the picture guide. You know what the funny thing is? When I read your replied post, all of the sudden I remember you and my old login account.

Thank a whole bunch Olyts.
Olyts
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

Wow, Glad I could help you with the link and the login! Man, you never know what to expect when you post something here... Thanks for sharing!

Cool

2010 Toyota RAV4
quangtranil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

Olyts wrote:
Wow, Glad I could help you with the link and the login! Man, you never know what to expect when you post something here... Thanks for sharing!

Cool

Hello everyone, my ignition coils (3) have arrived. Any tips or pictures to illustrate the replacing procedure would be much appreciated. I will be only replacing the rear ones. I will follow the pictured instruction of replacing the spark plugs. When I get to the coils, please let me know the steps. Thanks.
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

quangtranil wrote:
Olyts wrote:

Cool

Hello everyone, my ignition coils (3) have arrived. Any tips or pictures to illustrate the replacing procedure would be much appreciated. I will be only replacing the rear ones. I will follow the pictured instruction of replacing the spark plugs. When I get to the coils, please let me know the steps. Thanks.

Good to have you back on the board.

It looks like the procedure is pretty straight forward for swapping out the ignition coils. Just a matter of a few bolts to unscrew. I would just be careful on the torquing of the nuts it does detail that info on the picture below.

Procedure is:

Service and Repair

1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Remove in the order indicated in the table in the picture.
3. Install in the reverse order of removal.

Edit: I hope you have a 2000/01 model. I just realised that I did not see which model you had. I couldn't imagine things were too different though.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package

coil pack replace.gif

coil pack replace.gif - File downloaded or viewed 3276 time(s)

dbgrubbs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

Changing the coils on the 2002 and newer bares no relation to the 2001. MUCH different (coil on plug).
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

dbgrubbs wrote:
Changing the coils on the 2002 and newer bares no relation to the 2001. MUCH different (coil on plug).

Yep your right dbgrubbs. Definitely different. has anybody got some pictures??

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
dbgrubbs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Pictured Guide for changing spark plugs on 2002 Mazda MP Reply with quote

cpapashley wrote:
dbgrubbs wrote:

Yep your right dbgrubbs. Definitely different. has anybody got some pictures??

See the second post in this thread. There is a link to a wonderful pictured guide thru the process. Don't attempt this without it! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: