MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Heater not working after tune up
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi_Knight77

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject: Heater not working after tune up Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to the club and thankful for allowing me to join.
I changed the spark plugs and coils and the heater is now not working. The fan speed control works, and air is being blown but it is not hot. Same with defroster. The air being blown smells like gasoline and exhaust.
What could I have done during the tune up to cause this?

*I did lose the EGR valve gasket and bolted it together without one. I will order one online and install it in a couple days. Also I changed the air filters. I observed that I had broke a 2 to 1 wire connection on the passenger side. I don't know what it's for but I'll replace that also.
clewis

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: Heater not working after tune up Reply with quote

Sounds like you may have disconnected the electrical control for the heater control valve, such that no hot coolant is flowing into your heater core. That could be the wires connection you broke.
2001 Mazda MPV LX
2006 Mazda MPV LX
hrvat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Heater not working after tune up Reply with quote

I had same happen recently after having the intake off. I must have moved the little lever upwards and it shut off coolant flow to the heater core. Moved it down and heat is back. It's right behind intake
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: