MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Daytime Driving Lights?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mazdaddy
Newbie Indy Resident

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytime Driving Lights? Reply with quote

Forgive me my Newbie status, maybe I've missed something. Right after I turn the ignition key and see RPMs on the tach, I just turn the headlamps on. Every time. I know that a lot of the older DRLs used a reduced-power high beam which is pretty intrusive. I've found that the he simple habit of turning the lights on when the engine is running, gives me that extra margin of safety without being overly annoying. If it get's me noticed one second sooner than getting noticed without my lights on, I'll take it. Accidents can be avoided in just a second. That said, I think that the addition of DRLs or HIDs would be a unique upgrade. Wink
'03 MPV LX Sunlight Silver
-Rear A/C.
-Roof Rack.
-Wheel Locks.
-Body-colored MAZDA hatch emblem
-Pinstripes and dealer advertising removed.
Kiwimpv
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Gen1 Advocate
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytime Driving Lights? Reply with quote

Mazdaddy wrote:
I've found that the he simple habit of turning the lights on when the engine is running, gives me that extra margin of safety without being overly annoying. If it get's me noticed one second sooner than getting noticed without my lights on, I'll take it. Accidents can be avoided in just a second. Wink

Exactly why I used to always ride my 750 motorbike with the lights on - you are at a huge disadvantage on the road with an outline much smaller than cars, that having the headlight on dip was a visible protection and a true safety feature - it is now widely accepted as being an obvious safety add-on for cars. Back then, many people would flash their headlights at me to say - "Idiot - you have your headlights on!" - and I smiled - thanks, I'm being noticed! (Sorry - that was back in the 70's and 80's!!)

While driving the MPV, I also have the yellow fogs on, not so intrusive as DRL's, but also makes us look different to other vehicles/objects on or beside the road. Always stay safe!!

goggles

Graeme + 1 + 4
93 Efini V6 162km
87 Capella/626 1.8i 176km
My Weather Site
78 20ft Trlr Camper
rpieper
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytime Driving Lights? Reply with quote

My Volvo 240 has a headlight switch wired through the ignition. So I just leave the head light in the ow position and when I shut the car off the lights go off.

As far as prevalence of using lights in poor visibility, In VA there is a law that requires headlights (not just parking lights) to be on whenever the windshield wipers are active. Yet you can see 1/3 of the cars not using any lights even when it is deluging rain. Haven't got a clue! Your lights are of more use for others to see you than for you to have light to see the road.

98 White ES AllSport 86K and loving it
95 White Honda Accord 168K - Son hijacked it for himself
92 Black Volvo 240 275K and died of a brain fry
Dave
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Daytime Driving Lights? Reply with quote

My Subaru has the same feature (headlights wired thru ignition) - and it's great. Kept my wife from killing the battery when it was her daily driver.
Rich. Dark. Deeply satisfying.

My rides:
'01 MPV LX
'97 Mercury Grand Marquis SOLD
'08 Mazda CX-7 Touring - my first turbo! - SOLD 04/2016
'13 BMW 328i
FrankJScott
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Very nice article, so big thanks for the effort! Reply with quote

Love this blog Smile I also recommend related forums like these guys, this site and this forum, not to mention this forum and this site here.
FrankJScott
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject: Very nice article, so well done for your efforts! Reply with quote

Big fan of this blog Smile I suggest related blogs like this page, this info and this page, not to mention this site and this forum. Also worth checking out are articles such as this site, this forum and this website, not to mention this site and this article and this source, this article and this site, not to mention this forum and this blog. Check out this source, this page and this source, not to mention this resource and this page alongside pages such as this article, this resource and this resource, not to mention this info and this info and finally this blog, this website and this blog as well as this site and this resource. Don't forget this url, this source and this url, not to mention this url and this article alongside pages like this resource, this source and this info. Moreover there's this info and this site and finally this source, this info and this info. Moreover this source and this url are good too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: