MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Privacy glass
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beachnut
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:40 pm    Post subject: Re:Privacy glass Reply with quote

OK, I'll bite and ask a stupid question. The percentage rating on the tint is the amount (or level) of light that can pass through the tint, right?

BTW Stargazer, I thought the answer was always 4 !! Wink
Pjd58

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re:Privacy glass Reply with quote

Beach, you hit the nail on the head. Although, any good tint, no matter the %, will prevent the same amount of UV rays from entering the interior.

I had my Protege tinted last month, 50 front and 35 rear and it looks nice. It's strange, shops in my State will put illegal tint on your windows.

Pete
2004 Mazda MPV LX.....WhiteWater Pearl, LX pkg, 4 seasons, Side air bags & trac control, Rear Spoiler, Roofrack & Stepplate

2007 Dodge Caliber SXT...Marine Blue

NY Jet Fan.......J e t s.........Jets, Jets ,Jets!
swiftturtle
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re:Privacy glass Reply with quote

I've always thought that many car windows already blocked UV to some extent. I know the windows on some fords have that "solar tint" on them that I was told will block UV.

I think every state has a more than a few shops that will place illegal tint on a car/van. Surprised

2003 ES Coastal Blue Metallic
Dan
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Re:Privacy glass Reply with quote

IIRC, the Toyota Sienna is/was advertised as having glass that absorbed solar rays. Which I would interpret as meaning that the glass would get hot. I am assuming this relates to the UV rays. Perhaps in reality it was just reflecting them?
[b:a970de293f]Dan[/b:a970de293f]
2001 Rainforest Green LX (164,795 miles)--Minnie (The vacationator)
2006 Honda Civic EX with NAVI and 5sp MT (102,338 miles, new block at 89K) (Dan's daily driver)--Blue Car
Stargazer
I'm a dad. I'm not dead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2002 11:21 am    Post subject: Re:Privacy glass Reply with quote

I remember seeing that too. I thought that it meant UV rays were blocked. I was hoping the MPV would have it too on the front glass even though it wasn't tinted. No luck, though, because my left arm was burning up fast!

It would be nice if the front windshield could be clear and block UV rays, too. It must be too expensive to produce.

Road Tripalooza '07 ~ The 7-52 Daily STI
2002 MPV ES/GFX Black Mica - build date 12/01 - SOLD
1999 VW Passat "Dixie" - SOLD
2003 Toyota Sequoia - SOLD
2006 Subaru WRX STI
FrankJScott
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 am    Post subject: Very nice topic, so thank you for your efforts! Reply with quote

Loving this site Smile I also recommend related forums like this site, this article and this article, not to mention this article and this article here.
FrankJScott
MPVClub Preacher
MPVClub Preacher

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject: Big fan of this blog, so kudos to you for the effort! Reply with quote

Loving this article Smile I suggest related blogs such as this resource, this source and this info, not to mention this forum and this url. Also worth checking out are articles like this blog, this website and this forum, not to mention this resource and this article and this page, this info and this page, not to mention this resource and this site. Check out this page, this info and this site, not to mention this site and this website alongside forums like this forum, this website and this blog, not to mention this page and this article and finally this article, this info and this article as well as this page and this blog. Don't forget this resource, this info and this article, not to mention this source and this info alongside pages like this article, this blog and this source. Moreover there's this source and this article and finally this article, this site and this url. Moreover this article and this blog are good too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: