MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

New Stereo Wiring Conundrum in '91 MPV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MazdaGoesHMMMM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:24 pm    Post subject: New Stereo Wiring Conundrum in '91 MPV Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm trying to do much the same thing as others on the thread linked below were doing, which is replacing the stock stereo-radio unit in their MPV with a new stereo...

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=234767

The stock cassette stereo-radio that I pulled out of my '91 MPV was a Pioneer KE-6501 ZM, and I'm putting in a stereo that just has a radio and provisions for an SD flash chip and a USB plug, both for playing mp3 music files instead of a CD.

It was relatively simple to pull the old stereo from my MPV with a little advice from another thread on this forum from ctom3, but now I need to join the wires in the existing array of 14 stock stereo wires in my MPV (once I cut the plugs off the wires coming out of the dash) with the 11 wires that come out of the back of my new stereo unit.

There is also this other thread, linked below, where Kiwimpv posted a wiring color code list...

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=40304#40304

At the bottom of this post there are images showing...

1) The schematic diagram for the stock stereo that Kiwimpv provided on the thread I linked to above... it does not match the number of wires or the color codes on the actual stereo wires that come out of my dash in my '91 MPV.

2) The schematic diagram from the instructions for my new stereo showing a somewhat simpler wiring sheme.

3) A photo of the way the unplugged wires look now before I cut off the plugs that come out of the dash since I removed the old stock stereo.

4) A photo of the array of 11 wires that plug in to the back of my new car stereo.

5) And a photo of two antenna wires, one male and one female, that come out of my dash now that I've removed the stock stereo, but I only have one female jack on the back of my new stereo for the antenna.

I've also found the color codes list for the stock wires, which is shown on the forum page linked below...

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?p=40304#40304

Now for the problem parts that aren't automatically evident to me that I might need help with...

A) Among other things, there's talk the thread linked above about an amplifier that is located beneath the passenger side foot space that I'm not sure about, and that's in the stock schematic diagram too, I think.

B) The people on the thread linked above also talk about FRONT speakers in addition to the door speakers, which are also shown in the schematic diagram that Kiwimpv posted above, but I've only found the speakers in the front doors, and until I get something that can create sound to come out of the existing speakers, I can't tell what might be an air conditioning vent in the dash or in the back and what might be more speakers... actually, I guess I could turn on the A/C to test that.

C) And I'm sure there will be some wires that come out of the dash once I cut off the plugs that don't even end up connecting with anything, simply because there are more wires coming out of the two wads in the dash than there are compared to the single wad of wires that plug in to my new stereo.

Anyone who can help me make sense of any or all of these things, I'd sure appreciate it.

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

Thanks for any help,

MGH

"♫♫ She loved my Mazda more than me ♫♫"???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElkuWqhL9V8
gifogir

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:35 am    Post subject: Re: New Stereo Wiring Conundrum in '91 MPV Reply with quote

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Audio, Video, Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: