MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

P0430. Is it always a converter issue or possibly o2 senser
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mister Gin2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: P0430. Is it always a converter issue or possibly o2 senser Reply with quote

Bulleted version to keep a long story long.

* Took 2,500 mile road trip. Van was running fine the whole time.
* Arrived at destination with high humidity and rain.
* Engine started bucking like a bronco. Flashing CEL indicating random misfire. Had a number of codes thrown.
* Ran fine next sunny day with no CEL.
* Caught in very heavy downpour the following day. Started bucking again. Had to continue driving.
* Suspected front coils. Never replaced (110k+ miles). Moisture was found in left spark plug well and on the coil (cyl #?).
* Replaced coils. Bucking gone but CEL always come back on with P0430 code. No other codes.
* Engine appears to have some slight performance issues. It'll get to speed and hold speed but it feels like there's some resistance there. Feels like there's an ever so slight misfire as well.
* Had to make a 1,600+ mile trek back with this issue.

My gut tells me it's one of the cats but wanted to know if a faulty o2 sensor can cause this code. Also, If it is the cat, then how do you determine if it's the precat (manifold) or the back cat that's causing the problem?

This might be what forces me to retire this van. Only has around 115k miles.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: