MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob
View previous topic :: View next topic  
98MPVRED

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Folks,
There is a knob on drivers front panel that controls the rear vent blowers. It has come apart. I'm assuming it is just a push on, long shot but has anyone had to replace one of these? Are they a push fit onto the blower switch spindle and is there a 'Dorman' like replacement as I'm sure I won't be able to get the actual piece.

Not sure if the attachment worked, may have to take a pic.

Untitled.png

Untitled.png - File downloaded or viewed 53 time(s)

kiwitony

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Yes it just pushes on. Depending on the sale of my MPV I may be able to retain the knob and send it to you from New Zealand. I'm keeping the rear spoiler in case one of the US members wants it.
http://forum.mpvclub.com/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=247774

===============================
'96 MPV, 4WD 2.5L turbo diesel (Japan new).
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

kiwitony wrote:
Yes it just pushes on. Depending on the sale of my MPV I may be able to retain the knob and send it to you from New Zealand. I'm keeping the rear spoiler in case one of the US members wants it.
http://forum.mpvclub.com/posting.php?mode=editpost&p=247774

Hey man, how much do ya want for the rear spoiler?

As for OP, the knobs just push in but you might have a hard time sourcing the part for it.

1997 Mazda MPV 4WD (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone / 4 Channel Amp (Components & Coaxials) / Sound Deadened Front to Back / 55W HID Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit/ Front, Side, OEM Rear Wind Deflectors / NOS Mud Guards / Aluminum Cluster Rings / Running 235/70/15s
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD
Black & Silver 2 Tone
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
Black
kiwitony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest. Make an offer, it's all going to be donated to El Haven in any case. I'll find out how much it costs to send to the US first. I'll take it off and weight it this morning.

https://www.elhaven.com/

kiwitony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Sorry, off topic now but I'll get in touch with the OP about the fan knob.

The rear spoiler is only 2.4kg and the NZ Post calculation for shipping to US (airmail) is here NZ$91.54: https://bit.ly/2NG3lEM About US$58. That's not wrapped up though so it may be about US$10 more with the extra weight.

vincentkou98

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

kiwitony wrote:
Sorry, off topic now but I'll get in touch with the OP about the fan knob.

The rear spoiler is only 2.4kg and the NZ Post calculation for shipping to US (airmail) is here NZ$91.54: https://bit.ly/2NG3lEM About US$58. That's not wrapped up though so it may be about US$10 more with the extra weight.

Not sure what to offer to be quite honest haha, shoot me a ballpark figure!

Black & Silver 2 Tone / 4 Channel Amp (Components & Coaxials) / Sound Deadened Front to Back / 55W HID Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit/ Front, Side, OEM Rear Wind Deflectors / NOS Mud Guards / Aluminum Cluster Rings / Running 235/70/15s
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD
Black & Silver 2 Tone
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
Black
kiwitony

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest. For the spoiler, US$65 + shipping at cost.

For the heater fan control knob, US$10 + shipping at cost which will be about US$12.

vincentkou98

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

kiwitony wrote:
Thanks for your interest. For the spoiler, US$65 + shipping at cost.

For the heater fan control knob, US$10 + shipping at cost which will be about US$12.

Sorry, havent been on too much lately.
If it's not out of your way do you think you can also get me the shipping cost to Walnut California? Zip code 91789

Thanks again.

1997 Mazda MPV 2WD
Black & Silver 2 Tone
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
Black
kiwitony

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Sorry, the MPV has been taken away by the wrecker. I did not hear back so assumed you were not interested. It may appear on the wreckers site here one day: https://www.pickapart.co.nz/Current-Stock-Christchurch

I kept the spoiler though. I'll email the organiser of the pickup and ask if the vehicle is handy and the cost of the knob.

vincentkou98

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

@kiwitony, cool cool. If you're still planning on selling it. send me a quote on the shipping price and we'll see!
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD
Black & Silver 2 Tone
2019 Accord Sport 1.5T
Black
kiwitony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Drivers area - Rear fan blower control knob Reply with quote

Thanks for your interest - the postage approximation is in the link above on August 30th. I'll wrap it up suitable for shipping and reweigh it so I can get the cost. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: