MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!


Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
80sboy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

Long time no post - just hit over 160k miles - a few things getting wonky, but probably the most annoying one right now is the power sliding door not working. I have tried -

Checking the tracks for blockages
Pulled the fuse, it's good -
Pulled and reset the "room" fuse

When you try to use it it just beeps continuously, fast. The Passenger side door works fine. The soft close works fine. The only thing that stops the beeping it to turn the power switch to the doors off.

Sliding it manually, both sides actually, feels very rough and seems like it takes way more pressure than it should.

I dont want this to be the straw that makes us sell this, but the power doors are pretty important with a family of 4 with 2 dogs.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!

tom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
80sboy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

Well doesnt seem to be too many responses to the sliding door issue on here - I've poured through the archives and found the fault codes which give me

Fault 17

Either a bad motor or bad controller. Picked up an entire unit on the bay for 50$ shipped so will swap it out and cross my fingers! Would love to keep this going for at least a few more years!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mpv2p
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

@80sboy

Your PSD issue sounds very similar to mine, but opposite side, passenger.
All of what you state and did below is the same for me.

Quote:
Checking the tracks for blockages
Pulled the fuse, it's good -
Pulled and reset the "room" fuse

When you try to use it it just beeps continuously, fast. The Passenger side door works fine. The soft close works fine. The only thing that stops the beeping it to turn the power switch to the doors off.

Sliding it manually, both sides actually, feels very rough and seems like it takes way more pressure than it should.



I also think the doors take quite a bit of effort to move manually. Seems like that would cause more wear on the power sliding door motors. Perhaps our doors are not lubricated properly.

We've just been using the drivers side door for now.

How did you get code 17? As I came across some documentation on codes and it seemed like one would be seeing a door ajar light before one could obtain codes and I have not been seeing any door ajar lights.


Also what part did you order, the controller, the motor or both?

Looking through some documentation it seemed one would have to evac the ac system to remove the rear ac unit just to replace the passenger side door motor, if I remember correctly.

So good thing perhaps that you are dealing with the driver side door.

Hope your repair goes well or went well. I'd be interested to hear your experiences and lessons learned.

2003 MPV LX 130K miles, 4 Season package, Shimmer Sand Metallic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
80sboy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

Hey there! Glad to see this forum is still active -

I replaced the entire motor assembly with a pull (50$) - still had the same problem so bought a PSD controller module for 35$, just installed it this morning and everything is working now!

Was easier because it was the driver side, I just had to pull the subwoofer out of the way - start to finish it was about 30 minutes.

phew!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mpv2p
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

80sboy wrote:
Hey there! Glad to see this forum is still active -

I replaced the entire motor assembly with a pull (50$) - still had the same problem so bought a PSD controller module for 35$, just installed it this morning and everything is working now!

Was easier because it was the driver side, I just had to pull the subwoofer out of the way - start to finish it was about 30 minutes.

phew!


@80sboy glad to hear you got it working. Also glad to see activity on here as well.

Even at the cost for both parts, $85 is not bad to have your PSD working again.

When you write "with a pull" do you mean pulled from a another vehicle?e.g. salvage yard

2003 MPV LX 130K miles, 4 Season package, Shimmer Sand Metallic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mpv2p
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Power sliding door, drivers side not working. 02 MPV Reply with quote

80sboy wrote:
Well doesnt seem to be too many responses to the sliding door issue on here - I've poured through the archives and found the fault codes which give me

Fault 17



@80sboy How did you find the fault 17 code? From a OBDII code reader or more advance scan tool?

Thanks

2003 MPV LX 130K miles, 4 Season package, Shimmer Sand Metallic
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group