MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Cold engine
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Cold engine Reply with quote

Thanks to both of you.

Scross,
I have a TX139 sensor manufactured by Standard Motor Products. The box states that it is an Intermotor part. I purchased it from the local auto parts supplies here which used to carry NAPA parts. I have been unable to find stated resistances for it like the Duralast SU6821. I did however see that references in a service manual did talk to the two resistances. I measured my existing sensor which at 10K ohms gives a coolant temp of around 100F which is par for the course for the higher resistance sensor. If it was the lower rated one it should read under 10F.

Mchuchra,
Thanks for the closure. I also have a 2003 LX model. I assumed that your purchase of two sensors with the same resistance readings from different manufacturers and my recent purchase meant that the low resistance specs were probably wrong but I wanted to make sure.

It is quite likely that prior to 2002 the lower resistance specs were in effect, however the manuals were not updated. I see that in the jimellismazda link that scross attached, the diagrams for the 2002+ MPV show a temperature sensor that is screw in, like the 2001 and older models.

Thanks to you both for your input. Hopefully now I can install it easily and keep this old girl alive.
victoriabam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Cold engine Reply with quote

This article solved the basic problem for me. This is the best website for car engine diagnostics.
Heating and Cooling Toronto
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: