MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Those with 150k+ Please check in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stamar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

mu 2000 has 150k miles now
2000 white mazda mpv lx
archb1shop

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

06 MPV ES with 164K
New Radiator
New Camshaft Positioning Sensor
Cracks in accordion airflow hose - patched w/duct tape
Replaced 3 coils and plugs to fix missing problem.
Replaced driver side power window motor
Several batteries
Takata airbag recall
OEM Sunroof - Worst idea my wife ever had. Channels freeze up in the winter.

The damn thing is like an old lovable family dog you just don't have the heart to put down.
AlSanJose

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

04 mpv with 193k. Done most work myself.
spark plugs/rear coils
pcv hose
iac valve
radiator & hoses
ect sensor
belts, tires and batteries
sliding door lock actuator, middle rollers
front and rear brake pads
front and passenger engine mounts
oil/fluid changes

I recently brought it in for the airbag recall, and their free inspection discovered $5700 worth of repairs. I plan to do them myself except for the timing cover gasket and just leave it be. I'm hesitant to go all in and do the timing cover since I don't have another vehicle for my wife and kids and I'm afraid it would take more than a weekend. Another issue I have is that the parking brake does not hold from rolling backwards even on slight inclines. Otherwise it runs great.
2k5MPV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

Bought my 2005 LX in 2015 at 147,000 miles for $3000

About 10 months later replaced a cracked radiator, water pump and thermostat.

Since then the only other things to go bad on it was an o2 sensor, spark plugs/ignition coils and driver side control arm.

Since then it's been driving okay and it's now got 175,000 miles on it.
Grockij

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

My 03 mpv is only getting 8 mpg with 189745 miles on it
The dude
docurist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

2006 ES, 168k miles. Bought it in 2007 when it had 3k miles.

Radiator, radiator fan with control module, o2 sensor, oil pressure sensor, tuning X 2, front axles, rear shocks, rear passenger side window regulator, two front interior door handles, thermostat, water pump.
loem01

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

2001 MPV LX with 161k miles on it and still going, hoping to reach 200k and beyond (perhaps 300k even), original owner. It has been a very reliable true multiple purpose vehicle for our family. Have been fixing most issues (mostly maintenance in nature) whenever possible by myself. Currently having a small leak with the radiator (original) on the passenger side near the point where the fan shroud is connected to (seems to be a common problem) and possible exhaust manifold leak (but doesn't affect driving or mpg).
keithngulick@gmail.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

01 lx
2.5L Duratec
my van just passed 200k
ive replaced:
cv axels
calipers
struts
tie rods
intake tube
upper and lower intake gaskets
injectors
throttle body
imrc
coil pack
valve cover gaskets
pcv delete
IAC valve
EGR valve
radiator
ac cooler

im developing a bad coolant leak at this Y pipe and most of the coolant couplers are corroded and brittle and will be replaced soon. i hope to keep it running. ive replaced so much, it should be reliable to see 300k. going to have to replace the nuetral safety switch soon. ive done lots of mods to this van as well, and have won a stance competition.

rising sun.jpg

rising sun.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 59 time(s)

steve12955
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

My one owner 2000 MPV now has 265,000 miles. Original exhaust system and AT fluid has never been changed or added. Only real issue has been alternators - now on #6 - but after replacing #2 I bought a Bosch unit from an auto parts store that offers free lifetime replacement. I've gotten pretty good at replacing them.

Rear wheel wells rusting, however, but after welding in and bodyworking a couple of years ago, the rust is back.
Bowen1481

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

2001 Mazda MPV 160k absolutely love this van Smile
Only issue is iacv still need to replace it other then that it's been awesome so far only owned it for 2 months.

2001 Mazda MPV 160k
swales123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:21 am    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

2001 MPV with 305,000 miles. Still runs great. Do all repairs myself. Largest repair has been resealing the engine (front cover, intake, oil pan, etc). Mainly labor (30hrs) for a DIY repair. Most of it was cleaning intake. That was 100k ago and still sealed up.

Been though many parts more than once. On my 3rd water pump, 3rd driver window regulator, 2nd starter, all new front end parts, new radiator, shocks/struts. Full trans flush every 100k.

Still gets 22 mpg.. and just got 24.5 on interstate trip last week.

I keep telling the guy at Autozone that if I buy one more part the van will be guaranteed for life!
euro1990

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Those with 150k+ Please check in! Reply with quote

My 2004 is still chugging away at ~280k, runs the same as it did when we bought it 7 years ago at 126k. Took us on a flawless 2400 mile trip to the Gulf Coast for spring break a couple months ago, also scoring 24 mpg for most of it.

Last week I used it to tow home a project/parts van that I got from Copart. When I'm not making it work hard, I drive the snot out of it. Such a durable machine.

James
2004 ES
279,385 miles (20-May-2019)
Ann Arbor, MI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: