MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

04 transmission slipping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dexatek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

Hi I recently bought a 04 Mazda MPV with 108,000 miles on it and now the transmission is slipping once the car warms up. Is there a way to know if the trans needs to be replaced or could it be something else? Any suggestions would help.
CrazyChicken

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

Please make sure you have correct level of transmission fluid, if it is low, add immediately. My died at ~166K. Total rebuild.
2002 MPV LX ~200K
Dexatek

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

Yes I did and the level was good. Thank you 😉
br0dy519

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

Dexatek wrote:
Yes I did and the level was good. Thank you 😉

What colour is the fluid? Does it smell burnt, or when you rub it between your fingers can you feel shavings? It wouldn't hurt to do a transmission fluid flush as outlined in here: http://www.mpvclub.com/diy.php?id=118

'03 LX
200,000KM 06/2018
Dexatek

PostPosted: Yesterday, 11:00 am    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

The color is reddish no smell and when I rub it into my hands I don't feel anything flaky or dirt etc. Everything looks good but dosnt run good
hypomac

PostPosted: Yesterday, 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

Do you know what brand of transmission fluid is in your MPV?
Maybe it's something to do with fluid not matching Mazda specification..

[quote="Dexatek"]The color is reddish no smell and when I rub it into my hands I don't feel anything flaky or dirt etc. Everything looks good but dosnt run good[/quote]
Dexatek

PostPosted: Yesterday, 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: 04 transmission slipping Reply with quote

No I don't know. We just bought it a few months ago
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: