MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Is this site dead?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
br0dy519

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:52 am    Post subject: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

I have noticed that there has been a huge influx of spam on this site. It seems there is no moderator presence any longer. When the site went down for what seemed nearly a month back in July, I attempted to reach out to Alex, willing to donate if that was what was required to keep the site up. I was unable to reach him, and it seems the webmaster email is dead.

I'd be willing to volunteer both my time and money to keep this site going stable. It seems we are using a very outdated phpBB2, I'm sure we could benefit from updating it to the newest version. Also, I want stickers back!! I know a lot of the MPV's are no longer on the road, but I am still holding onto mine strong. This site has saved me so much time and money and I would like to give back. Thank you,

PS. I want MPVClub stickers to make a come back!!

'03 LX
200,000KM 06/2018
jokiin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

I've spoken to Alex but he seems to have little interest in the site these days, I'm sure he has moved on from owning MPV's and has other life priorities, I don't have my MPV any longer and don't visit a lot, I've deleted about 1500 spam posts in the past year, updating the site to a current version would stop most of the spam from happening, Alex doesn't seem to be interested though unfortunately
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

It's not so much that I'm not interested, it's that I don't have much time to devote to the site nowadays. And migrating the site to a modern forum software is something I really want to do, but unfortunately at this point in time, there is a significant effort in doing so. This forum is too old that most modern forum software (like vBulletin, for example) don't have supported import modules for the forum content.

I even purchased a license for vBulletin 5. But couldn't really find the time for the major effort of migrating the software. Apparently, there is the old vbImpex module (https://github.com/internetbrands/vbimpex) that can migrate phpBB2 to vBulletin 4. And then that can be upgraded to vb5+...
br0dy519

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

Alex wrote:
It's not so much that I'm not interested, it's that I don't have much time to devote to the site nowadays. And migrating the site to a modern forum software is something I really want to do, but unfortunately at this point in time, there is a significant effort in doing so. This forum is too old that most modern forum software (like vBulletin, for example) don't have supported import modules for the forum content.

I even purchased a license for vBulletin 5. But couldn't really find the time for the major effort of migrating the software. Apparently, there is the old vbImpex module (https://github.com/internetbrands/vbimpex) that can migrate phpBB2 to vBulletin 4. And then that can be upgraded to vb5+...

Good to hear from you Alex. How about phpBB 3.2 ? There must be an update package somewhere for it.

'03 LX
200,000KM 06/2018
jokiin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

updating to a newer version is a tedious process, I've spent many hours over the past year deleting spam messages which wouldn't have got through so easily on the later versions, this old version is very easily exploited unfortunately
br0dy519

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

Is it just me or did the site get updated?! Lol
'03 LX
200,000KM 06/2018
jokiin
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Is this site dead? Reply with quote

br0dy519 wrote:
Is it just me or did the site get updated?! Lol

must be just you, hasn't been updated
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> MPVClub.com Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: