MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

automatic door locks / key fob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lengo lad

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: automatic door locks / key fob Reply with quote

We just picked up a 2005 LX. It's got one of those key fobs that the key swings into. Cute. But it doesn't work... At first I thought it might be the battery. I opened the fob and tested the battery and it shows 3.07 V. So I tried reprogramming the key (http://www.mpvclub.com/diy.php?id=43). Still no dice... The doors all lock and unlock after pressing the 'door close' switch three times, but pressing a button on the fob two times does nothing.

Just to add to the problem, when you turn the key in the driver's door and hold the extra second to unlock the rest of the doors, it doesn't--only the driver's door unlocks.

Fuse 17 'D.LOCK' looks fine.

Is there a way to test a transmitter to see if it actually is? Any other troubleshooting steps? Thanks.

2001 MPV DX
2005 MPV LX
lengo lad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: automatic door locks / key fob [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Update: both issues solved!
1. I replaced the battery in the fob and it works now. I guess 3.07V is not enough? Who knew... Anyway, glad for the cheap fix!
2. The "door key cylinder switch" had failed. It's a switch that clips to the back of the lock cylinder (see images). I stole the one off my 2001, as I can't seem to find a replacement online. Does anyone have a different name or a part number that would help me locate one? Any help appreciated!

2001 MPV DX
2005 MPV LX

MPV_door key cylinder switch.png

MPV_door key cylinder switch.png - File downloaded or viewed 26 time(s)

MPV_door key cylinder switch 03.jpg

MPV_door key cylinder switch 03.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 25 time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: