MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Seat Transplant Idea
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpvclub65170
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 5:52 pm    Post subject: Seat Transplant Idea Reply with quote

Today I was at the junk yard today picking some pieces from a 95 MPV that they just got in. Nearby was a partial seat from an Acura MDX that someone had unceremoniously left on the ground.

As I was admiring the seat with it's all leather construction, big side bolsters, and of course power everything, I imagined how nice it would be to have seats like that in my MPV, especially since my seats are literally crumbling away.

Anyway, I was looking at the seat frame and I was wondering if anyone here has transplanted seats from a different car into their MPV. I figure as long as the rails lined up with the base, you could probably drill new holes in the base to accommodate the new bolt locations.

Maybe snag a couple of seats from a CX9 or something to keep it Mazda. heh.

Ed

20180513_134957.jpg

20180513_134957.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 41 time(s)

20180513_135014.jpg

20180513_135014.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 41 time(s)

vincentkou98

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Transplant Idea Reply with quote

This has been done many times with different kinds of cars, people will usually separate the seat base from the mount and then weld or bolt the base back onto their original mounts so it bolts back straight into their car. don't forget, the seat belt buckles may not be compatible.
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 189K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone / 4 Channel Amp (Components & Coaxials) / Sound Deadened Front to Back / 35W HID / Front, Side, Rear Wind Deflectors / NOS Mud Guards / Aluminum Cluster Rings / Running 235/70/15s
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 153K
Black & Silver 2 Tone / Sound Deadened Doors

mpvclub65170
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Transplant Idea Reply with quote

Excellent! Has anyone here done this and if so was it a straight forward swap?

Pics? Smile

Ed
Domidemon

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Transplant Idea Reply with quote

I would definitely consider doing something like that to get a newer interior in the pv.
poptop
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Seat Transplant Idea Reply with quote

Ah, the old seat upgrade thread. Been thinking about it for 20 years. Was going to go with a Lexus RX330 seat, has power and an armrest. I did check the seat belt size and our MPV belt is just a little too thick to fit. A grinder would fix that. Next was a Land Rover seat. It has the large adjustable arm rest which I did upgrade my Element's armrest with and it is excellent.
1990 4X4 V-6 5-speed
1991 2WD V-6
1994 2WD V-6
Scion Xb
A pile of old timing belts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: