MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

HELP! Hood Latch Stuck
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

DW and I toured the JD distillery distillery in Lynchberg, TN several years ago. Tour guide was named Buba (I kid you not) and the county is dry - you have to go out of town for sip. Strange.
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
oldmedic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

They host private fish frys up on the hill with all the "JD Lemonade" you can drink. The general manager at JD and my old boss at Arnold Engineering and Development were drinking buddies. We had some "good" times there. oldmedic
Located in Blue Grass state; home of beautiful horses, fast women, and bourbon whiskey

2003 Costal Blue ES
2002 Malibu LS
2005 Scion Tc
2000 Cavalier LS
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:27 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

Ah yes, Tennessee Lemonade. Fond memories - blurry, but fond. Wink
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

Hey, we wanted you to take pics of the hood "re" opening OM! Wink Would make for a good DIY of what NOT to do Wink'n'Grin Get Him!

Glad you got it opened! spplause

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
oldmedic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

I appreciate the notarity, but some things are best forgotten. Maybe I should write the "Weedeater" folks and tell them I found another use for their product. I can now appreciate peoples' complaints about Mazda's unique "fasteners". Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Needless to say I need to make a "junkyard" run to replace a few that didn't work. Again thanks for all the support on this blunder. oldmedic
Located in Blue Grass state; home of beautiful horses, fast women, and bourbon whiskey

2003 Costal Blue ES
2002 Malibu LS
2005 Scion Tc
2000 Cavalier LS
JMTRANSAMSD455
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

Glad everything worked out for you OldMedic. Don't blame yourself for this. It can happen to anyone. At least you got the fog lights in. Jack.
2003 ES Sunlight SilverMobil 1,K&N 102,800m Hers,2015 CX-5 Grand Tour AWD2.5 Meteor Grey Mica MOLY oil29,000m2016.5Mazda CX5 TouringAWD DeepChrystalBlue MazdaMOLY GF5 Oil 29,8005m,Son,2008 MAZDA 3S TOURING 2.3L HATCH Aurora BlueK&N Mobil1 78,800m,2015 MAZDA3HATCH 2.5GT Liquid Silver 9000mMOLYOil ,2016 Subaru Forester Limited2.5AWD Quartz Blue Pearl MolyGF5Oil5,115mHers,1974 Trans Am LS-2 Bucanneer Red113Km SOLDr
kwd8960

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP! Hood Latch Stuck Reply with quote

Hello oldmedic, Sir, from Oak Grove, Al here...I also reinstalled the plastic piece over my hood latch.... Embarassed I tried prying the catch with a long screwdriver till I was blue in the face, it wouldn't budge it, as it was in a hard bind. Had to back away from it for a spell. and it wouldn't budge. Then I got on the forum here trying to find a solution, and low and behold, I found your post about your success with the weedeater line. It worked for me as well. I joined this forum just to thank you. My hat is off to you sir. Many thanks, and then some......Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: