MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldman58

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

I have a 97 Mazda MPV 3.0 having trouble no start after replacing valve cover gaskets timing belt seals I bought this new scan tool from Autel and it says control module fault I have gas to the plugs the plugs are wet with gas I have good fire anybody have any clues about control module fault
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
New '98 and feelin' great
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

is it a CEL error? whats the code? looks like you might need a new PCM? How'd it go bad?
Green Machine (Green '97 ES) - 90K!
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

manitoba mpv 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Chase, check out OM58's explanation on Pg 4 of his longer thread ('my timing problem') below.
Many Mazdas over the years, including two 1st-gen MPVs
vincentkou98

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Was it running before the job? if so, check all your connections and grounds?
1997 Mazda MPV 4WD 189K (Towing Package)
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1997 Mazda MPV 2WD 153K
Black & Silver 2 Tone
1996 Mazda MPV 2WD 260K (Parts Car)
White & Tan 2 Tone

oldman58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Yes it was it was running excellent the only thing that I did that could be a problem the little gray jumper box where you ground fuel pump to Prime the system right beside it you can also ground the ignition when timing I accidentally touch the ignition and a fuel pump with a jumper and a spark flew the engine stopped it has never fired since and the diagnose box I hook to the inside Port just said ECU fault it wouldn't tell me anything else
oldman58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Diagnose to I bought from Walmart a cheap one that's Tails codes is what I meant to say it didn't give a code it just said ECU fault
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

ouch, you probably shorted out your ECU
JDM chrome power-folding side mirrors with heated mirror retrofit/JDM chrome grill/JDM rear spoiler/Android 6.2" D-Din Navi/Four 7" Farenheit monitors/heated seat kit retrofits,1st and 2nd row/Crimestopper remote start

oldman58

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

ok do you know were I can get a used one or new
cleonard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

A junkyard is your best bet. If not then eBay is the next best option. Finally look for someone parting out a MPV on Craigslist.

It's going to need to be pretty much from an exact match vehicle.
98MPVRED

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

oldman58 wrote:
Diagnose to I bought from Walmart a cheap one that's Tails codes is what I meant to say it didn't give a code it just said ECU fault

Is it worth getting a loaner reader from one of the auto stores to see if that gives you more info?
oldman58

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

I got one from junk yard same exact same numbers got a new icu relay same thing now I think it is something simple I can smell gas gas is on the plugs fire from distributor any clues
chaseNYC
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

I'm not sure if you buttoned her back up but are these two connected?

Joeinoc

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Hi,
could it be just a fuse?Huh??
check to see if your dome light is working

best of luck

1996 MPV 2wd
oldman58

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

No I haven't put the hoses back on or the fan or the fan surround I left it off just to see if I could get it to fire I have gas I have fire all the timing marks are lined up it's not firing at all I've checked all fuses I've checked all relays I put another computer in it from a junkyard no firing what puzzles me is when number one piston is at top dead center and the passenger crank is on the mark the valves are open how can it push the Piston if it fires at that point it makes no sense to me
Cybersombosis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: 1997 Mazda MPV control module fault help Reply with quote

Is your crank out 180 degrees?
97' MPV All Sport 4x4
Black Widow 1600 Alarm, Uhaul class 3 tow hitch, K&N air filter, Bi Xenon HID retrofit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: