MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hokie-Dave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

Double Post. Sorry.
scross
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

Emissions inspections agencies are beginning to figure out that they are going to have to be more flexible when it comes to interpreting this OBD stuff. It turns out that OBD monitoring isn't nearly as reliable as they've been led to believe (but many of us could have told them that), and now that certain high-level government big-wigs have been caught short by this, locally they are starting to move back towards tailpipe testing as the final authority. In at least some cases they are giving temporary waivers for OBD failures. There's also been a lot of back-and-forth concerning what the EPA requires (cleaner air) and the methods allowed for achieving this. In other words, they can't necessarily hid behind statements like "But the EPA requires us to do this!", because it isn't necessarily true.
Mitey John

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

I just installed this sensor in my wife's 2004 MPV. What a pain.

If I were to do it again, I see that Denso makes 2 different sensors for this. One with the proper clip; one with no clip at all. I would go with the universal, no clip sensor, and wire to the existing harness at the bottom, near the actual sensor. Avoid all of these problems described by others.

But, I went with the clip model instead. So, with the old sensor, I cut the wires at the sensor, and I was able to fish the wires around the alternator, and gave myself a straight shot to the clip. So, I was able to see what was going on (barely) and had a visual straight shot at the clip and was able to get one arm up in there (barely) and was able to slip in a long, small slot screwdriver into the clip and separate the sensor side of the clip from the engine side. New one went in with the wire properly routed, and I was just barely able to click it in place. There's a place for a zip tie, to keep the wires away from the exhaust system.

So, I got it done, but it wasn't easy.
S05LX

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

Hokie-Dave wrote:
Well, I finally got the sensor replaced. I was runnign out of time and patience and went to a local auto repair shop and asked them if they could swap a sensor for me since I couldn't get my jack working (has a leak) and driving it up on my ramps wasn't working. Before seeing the sensor location the guy said $50 to replace it and I said "Go for it!". Smile 2 hours later the sensor was swapped and an oil change was done. Unfortunately I couldn't get the car to pass emissions after clearing codes due to the "drive cycle tests".

I've found out that the ODB II computer can be finicky about these tests and can take some time to initiate and pass all of them. The one thing I learned though is that you CAN pass emissions testing if there is only one incomplete test remaining to be done.

And, it did take two of them to swap out the sensor. one to reach back and hold the sensor with the small screw driver to separate it and the other from underneath to pull on the connector attached to the O2 sensor.

dave

This is what I am going to do I hope price is not that far

Guam, USA
Armor01

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

My 02 75,677 mile MPV spit out its 1st code issue yesterday. PO31 Heater Control Circuit Low on the Bank 1 Sensor 1. Found the information and a diagram here and it will help me in tearing up my hands and loosing my mind. I do not look forward to this. I think that I'd rather tune it up again then do this. Thank you all for the info you have placed on this site.
Armor01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: o2 sensor connector bank 1 sensor 2 Reply with quote

After a long battle, I replaced both the "upper" O2 censors. I was very surprised and happy when they broke free with little effort. No thread damage or rust build up. The rear looks like it is easy to get too but I removed the Cruise Control motor, climbed on board and did most of the work from the top. A lot of working blindly. No more check engine light.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 00-06 MPV Problems All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: