MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

Automatic Transmission with Pictures
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Bmwlover540i wrote:
Naaa dont worry about it ashley. You are thinking way to much into it.lol
Very Happy
Just take off one side set of bolts and the pan will tilt and pour some ATF into a oil pan. Then take the other bolts off and pour the rest of the ATF in the pan like you are pouring water from one kitchen bowl to another bowl. Its super super easy. And fun. You will be fine.
And the pan holds 4 1/2qts. I dont know how much you will get out of the drain bolt cause I have never done that.

Sounds good...will post back later in the week when I have had a chance to do it.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package
dman67

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Bmwlover540i wrote:
Naaa dont worry about it ashley. You are thinking way to much into it.lol
Very Happy
Just take off one side set of bolts and the pan will tilt and pour some ATF into a oil pan. Then take the other bolts off and pour the rest of the ATF in the pan like you are pouring water from one kitchen bowl to another bowl. Its super super easy. And fun. You will be fine.
And the pan holds 4 1/2qts. I dont know how much you will get out of the drain bolt cause I have never done that.

First time to post, hope it makes it. Very Happy

I've been following this thread with much interest. I just removed the plug to get some new fluid in the tranny of my 2001 MPV and I extracted 2 quarts. I'm going to probably order the filter and change it next weekend. Thanks for all the great pics and info guys!
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Ya it sure is fun to change the tranny fluid! Good luck. And we are here if you need help!
Welcome to the best forum on the Earth!!!

-Clayton
Fav. Quote- When in doubt floor it!!! Smile

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
1997 Ford F-150 (211,856mi), Tan, LTX: 10W-30 PP
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
madengineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

does anybody have the procedures for the 2003+ 5-speed stransmission
bubba
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Excellent photo documentation and walkthru on replacing fluid and filter str8path!! Smile

Fluid service on the 5 speed for your van is much easier madengineer as you do not have a fluid pan on the bottom and no serviceable filter unless you want to remove side pan and entire valve body. Not a regular maintenace item!! Pics below of the drain plug for your transmission. It is a little recessed so is more difficult to see. It will require the use of a 24mm socket as opposed to the 10mm allen that 00-01 used. Socket and ratched is needed due to it being recessed as it is. A complete drain and refill will take approx 3.5 qts of regular Dexron/Mercon fluid.

Drain plug marked with a black X.
IMG_1506_2_1.JPG

IMG_1506_2_1.JPG - File downloaded or viewed 1825 time(s)

View from a little further away for perspective.
IMG_1505_1_1.JPG

IMG_1505_1_1.JPG - File downloaded or viewed 1802 time(s)

madengineer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Thats awesome man, i really appreciate it. I assumed that bolt, but it was a little higher than the lowest part of the trans casing. draining from there will still leave fluid in the case, but the majority i guess will do, especially if thats how it was designed. i am assuming no filter change is necessary since i couldn't find it at NAPA, pepboys, or advance. if its only 4 quarts, i might go synthetic. thanks again
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

syn. is great cause it keeps the heat down and keeps the tranny clean.

So what happened about the leak? Is it fixed?

-Clayton

2000 Mazda MPV (129,994mi), Red LX: Cold air intake, 0W-30 German Castrol Oil, Redline Waterwetter, Silverstar headlights, Interstate Mega-ton Plus with 1000CA!!!
2001 Mazda B3000 Dual Sport Plus (78,087mi), Red, DS: SilverStars, 0w-30 German Castrol Oil
madengineer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

should i do the change when the car has been driven, and the tranny fluid is hot, or should i do it after the car has sat for a long while and the tranny is cold?
Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

It really does not matter. I always do it when the temp gauge is between cold and half so the tranny fluid is warm yet not hot.
-Clayton

Bmwlover540i
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Are you gonna just do the filter or are you going to do the TC using the cooler lines too?
-Clayton

hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Air Max
Pandora Jewelry 70% Off Clearance
Nike Shoes For Women
Lebron James Shoes
Louboutin Shoes
Cheap Pandora Charms
Puma Shoes For Men
Yeezy
Moncler UK
Chaussure Air Max 90
Polo Ralph Lauren
Pandora Charms
Nike Air Force 1
Moncler Outlet UK
Adidas Outlet
Pandora
Longchamp Handbags
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora
Red Jordan 11
Air Max
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Jordan Retro 11
Nike Outlet
KD Shoes
Nike Shoes
Pandora Jewelry
Red Bottom Shoes
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Adidas Sneakers
Louboutin Shoes
Timberlad Boots
Yeezy Beluga

Hilda Cole
ploy2018

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Automatic Transmission with Pictures Reply with quote

Pandora Jewelry Outlet
Longchamp Outlet
Red Bottom Shoes
Nike Air Max 2018
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora Jewelry Outlet
Jordan 11 Space Jam
Nike Uptempo
Kyrie Basketball Shoe
Yeezy 350 V2
Ralph Lauren Outlet
Lebron 15
Kate Spade Outlet
Coach Factory Outlet
Curry 4 Shoes
Coach Outlet
Adidas Yeezy Boost 350 V2
Ecco UK
Vapormax
Under Armour Outlet
Clarks Shoes For Women
Curry 4
Ralph Lauren UK
Kate Spade New York Outlet
James Harden Shoes
Lebron 15
Adidas Ultra Boost
Michael Kors Outlet Clearance

Patricia Loy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Do It Yourself All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: