MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Thanks for the photograph of the obdii under the dash BMW.

Bit blurry but I think I understand what it looks like.

So I am starting to think that we have something completely different over here in aussie land. Definitely nothing like that under the dash near the hood release.

Near the engine fuses is a little connection block labelled "Diagnosis". When I open it it looks nothing like the obdii connection that you have posted. Some other type of connection block. Do you have this?? I have a feeling this is some other kind of connection.

I will get some photos tomorrow am, and post hopefully I can get to the bottom of this soon.

DW seems happy after a bit of discussion to include some sort of analysis tool in the Christmas list so I need to find out what I have over here in my pv.

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package

10-09-06_0152 (3) Small Web view.jpg

10-09-06_0152 (3) Small Web view.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 2088 time(s)

edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Your lack of a standard OBD-2 connection maybe because it's only mandated on North American vehicles or that it isn't / wasn't required for Aussie vehicles. The connection you do have would have to have the correct signals for a (U.S. market) OBD-2 reader to work, assuming you could get a cable to fit.

The Car Code software that I use is Windows only and I'm currently running it on an XP Pro HP (really Compaq) LS-2000. I used to run it on a 700MZ Pentium HP Laptop.

2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
cpapashley
MPVClub Fixture
The Wonder from Downunder
MPVClub Fixture

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

edrubins wrote:
Your lack of a standard OBD-2 connection maybe because it's only mandated on North American vehicles or that it isn't / wasn't required for Aussie vehicles. The connection you do have would have to have the correct signals for a (U.S. market) OBD-2 reader to work, assuming you could get a cable to fit.

The Car Code software that I use is Windows only and I'm currently running it on an XP Pro HP (really Compaq) LS-2000. I used to run it on a 700MZ Pentium HP Laptop.

Seems that in aussie land we have a diagnostic port, I think it is compatible with the obd-ii, from what I have read, maybe someone can confirm this.

I think the following seems to indicate the iso details that my car adheres to.

Quote:
Vehicle Powertrain system adopt the ISO 9141 and 14230 protocol Diagnostic.
Communicating:
European Vehicle: Audi, BMW, Ford (Europe), Jaguar, Mercedes-Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen, Volvo, Saab
Asian Vehicle: Acura, Honda, Hyundai, Infiniti, Isuzu, Kia, Lexus, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Subaru, Suzuki, Toyota
Model Year: 1998 and later

2000 MPV Seychelles Green 279,000 km
Custom Cold Air Intake, K&N Panel Filter
Custom Equal Length Headers and Y pipe
Hi Flow CAT, 2 1/2" with straight through exhaust....ohhhh it makes you smile......
MPV Club Sticker to finish off the package

What the diagnostic port looks like in my MPV downunder
Diagnostic Port MPV Medium Web view.jpg

Diagnostic Port MPV Medium Web view.jpg - File downloaded or viewed 6243 time(s)

ront
MPVClub Resident
MPVClub Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

There is a group by for a Scangauge II at Tdiclub.com for $149.00 and has been extended till June 30, 2007

here is the link

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=179254

2000 MPV LX with sport package sold(sold)
2003 VW TDI Jetta Wagon GLS(sold)
2006 AWD LTD Ford Freestyle with lots of Volvo parts
2011 Malibu LTZ
mazdamih

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

I feel I need to share my experience with the Auterra OBD2 scanners.
That is, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!
I have used one, it is not bad but it is proprietary hardware and no other third party (paid or free) software will work with it. There is no mention about this on Auterra's web site.
Even more, the seller goes the extra mile to grind off the IC chip's name so users cannot look for third party (better or cheaper) software to use with it.
Auterra has wisely left out from their web site a customers' feedback link.
All these are clear signs of a business who tries to succeed by hiding things rather than by quality and improvement.
Fortunately, as you know if you've done your research, there are many options other than Auterra.
I hope my post will help others not to make the expensive mistake I've made.
subearu
MPVClub Posting Maniac
Shuffle Up & Deal!
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Count me in as a ScanGauge convert. DW & I really like the trip computer functions on my S40. So, this will give the MPV that capability.

Latest version of the ScanGaugeII has XGauge (aka Add-A-Gauge), which allows you to add up to 25 additional gauges to the system, if your vehicle supports them.

From the ScanGauge site, it's $169 including shipping. Amazon currently has it for $159 with free shipping.

-Brian

phpbb:phpinfo()
Dan9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

hey all, wondering if anyone has some useful PIDs to program the scangauge2 with so we can see more info from the ECU, esp. relating to injectors, etc.

I basically want to get as much info as possible out of my scangauge.

Also, I have a funny problem when I pull CEL codes, they only appear for a splitsecond and then all turn to zeroes. Huh? the company that makes the scangauge has never heard of that before.

D

2002 MPV LX 186k KMs all DIY all day long
hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:41 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Pandora Jewelry
Chaussure Air Max 90
Pandora Canada
Polo Ralph Lauren
Jordan 11
Adidas Outlet
Nike Outlet
Puma Shoes For Men
Lebron Shoes
KD Shoes
Pandoras
Louboutin Shoes
Air Force 1 Shoes
Yeezy
Pandora Bracelets
Adidas Shoes
Retro Jordan 11
Moncler Outlet
Nike Shoes For Women
Moncler UK
Pandora Charms Sale
Yeezy Beluga
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Red Bottom Shoes
Nike Shoes
Timberlad Boots For Men
Air Max Pas Cher
Pandora Sale
Louboutin Shoes
Longchamp Handbags
Jordan 11 Red

Hilda Cole
ploy2018

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:39 am    Post subject: Re: OBDII Scan Tool, Digital Gauges and a Trip Computer Reply with quote

Ecco
Curry 4
Yeezy 350 V2 Boost
Ultra Boost Uncaged
Coach Factory Outlet
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Under Armour Shoes
Kate Spade Outlet Online
Kyrie Basketball Shoe
Clarks Shoes
Pandora Charms Outlet
Yeezy 350 V2
Longchamp Outlet
Coach Outlet
Michael Kors Outlet
Nike Lebron 15
Kate Spade Factory Outlet
James Harden Shoes
Jordan Space Jam 11
Pandora Jewelry
Nike Uptempo
Polo Ralph Lauren Outlet Online Store
Nike Vapor Max
Red Bottom Shoes For Women
Curry 4 Shoes
Nike Air Max Black Friday
Ralph Lauren Sale
Lebron 15

Patricia Loy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> Group Buys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: