MPVClub.com home Log in to check your private messages Support MPVClub.com!

HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archieiv

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

Any help greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

Thanks, Archie
2003MPV-LX
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

i've never changed one on a mazda, but the first honda i did, i bought the new filter so i knew what it looked like, laugh, but it worked.

found it on the firewall and replaced. next one i did on the odyssey, it was an inline one on the drivers side just where the lines went up to the engine.

2003 MPV LX, Emerald Mica, Rear Spoiler, Auto-Exe Grill, Fog Lights, hitch, Concept DVD w/twin headrest mounted 7" monitors, K&N, visors, splash guards, LIMO tinting on all rear windows. silverstars. Mama's Zoom-Zoom
edrubins
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

I'm not sure about the '89, but on the '96 it's mounted under the hood, on the pasenger side wheel well. Look for a black "can" with a large hose on the top and a smaller hose on the bottom. Be carefull when pulling the hosts - the fuel system is under pressure and I don't think just openning the gas cap is enough to relieve it. I'll try and post the procedure later. HTH
2006 Explorer XLT
96 MPV Deerslayer. (Still for sale)
JMTRANSAMSD455
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

EdRubins is Correct on the color and location of the fuel filter. The 89thru 98 MPVs have it on the same location. Remember to have a replacement ready before you remove the old one. Mazda's OEM filter is quite expensive, you can look around and try to get a less expensive aftermarket one. The gas will be under pressure so be careful when removing the fuel line attached to it. Also let the engine cool down so you advoid the chance of fire if the gas hits the hot exhaust manifolds. Good Luck Jack.
2003 ES Sunlight SilverMobil 1,K&N 102,800m Hers,2015 CX-5 Grand Tour AWD2.5 Meteor Grey Mica MOLY oil29,000m2016.5Mazda CX5 TouringAWD DeepChrystalBlue MazdaMOLY GF5 Oil 29,8005m,Son,2008 MAZDA 3S TOURING 2.3L HATCH Aurora BlueK&N Mobil1 78,800m,2015 MAZDA3HATCH 2.5GT Liquid Silver 9000mMOLYOil ,2016 Subaru Forester Limited2.5AWD Quartz Blue Pearl MolyGF5Oil5,115mHers,1974 Trans Am LS-2 Bucanneer Red113Km SOLDr
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

ALOHA~

IN ADDITION TO THE GREAT ADVISE OF "WARNING: HIGH FUEL PRESSURE"... DISCONNECT THE MASS-AIR-FLOW-SENSOR CONNECTOR WHILE THE ENGINE IS RUNNING. THIS WILL CAUSE THE FUEL PUMP TO STOP, AND THE ENGINE TO STALL. IT ALSO MINIMIZES THE FUEL PRESSURE IN THE LINE. ALSO, REMOVE THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL FROM BATTERY.

THE FUEL LINES ARE A B!+(# TO REMOVE. YOUR BEST BET IS TO PURCHASE NEW LENGTHS OF FUEL HOSE WITH THE FILTER. MAKE SURE IT IS HIGH-PRESSURE FUEL HOSE. IT IS 8MM OR 5/16".

TIPS:
1. RELIEVE FUEL PRESSURE AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
2. POSITION A DRAIN PAN, OR RAGS/PAPER UNDER VAN.
3. REMOVE FUEL FILLER CAP TO RELIEVE FUEL TANK PRESSURE.
4. REMOVE (2) 10MM NUTS HOLDING FILTER MOUNT TO BODY.
5. WITH A WIRE CUTTING PLIERS, SLIDE CLAMP OFF OF FUEL FILTER INLET HOSE. SLIT HOSE WITH A BLADE. SLIDE FILTER OUT OF HOSE.
6. THIS IS WHEN FUEL "GUSHES" OUT.
7. SLIDE OFF OUTLET HOSE CLAMP ON PRESSURE REGULATOR END AND SLIT AND REMOVE HOSE FROM REGULATOR.
8. LIFT FILTER AND MOUNT UPWARD AND OUT.
9. REMOVE INLET HOSE FROM STEEL LINE - REPLACE WITH EQUAL LENGTH HOSE.
10. REMOVE FILTER FROM MOUNT - REPLACE.
11. INSTALL NEW FILTER ONTO INLET HOSE. CLAMP BOTH ENDS.
12. INSTALL FILTER MOUNT NUTS TO BODY.
13. INSTALL NEW OUTLET HOSE TO REGULATOR. CLAMP BOTH ENDS.
14. RE-CONNECT MASF SENSOR AND NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL.
15. START ENGINE, CHECK FOR LEAKS.

ALSO, IF YOU HAVE A FUEL PRESSURE TEST-GUAGE HANDY, CHECK THE FUEL PRESSURE B4 YOU INSTALL THE OUTLET HOSE TO THE REGULATOR. CONNECT TEST-GUAGE TO OUTLET HOSE. RE-CONNECT NEG BATT TERMINAL AND MASF SENSOR. JUMP YELLOW 2 PIN CONNECTOR ON LEFT FENDER.TURN KEY ON. CHECK PRESSURE.

Cool

GEN-1-MPV~ GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! BEYOND 60 AND COUNTING...I don't claim to be a "know-it-all". I only know what I have experienced on the MPV. I have owned a few, and have fixed a few, but everyday I learn something new.
ctom3
MPVClub Addict
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

I purchased a Wix fuel filter that was a perfect fit for about $35.00US over the counter at a local parts store. I might have saved 2 or 3 $ by serching for a better buy, but my time and the convenience is worth more than that.
papabear
MPVClub Posting Maniac
born again runner
MPVClub Posting Maniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

Thanks for poking your head in the club once and awhile Gen1. Your valuable insight is always appreciated!

Mahalo and can't wait to take a trip back to the islands (maybe by next year with both the kids)!

Rogelio (ro-hel'-lyo)
07 Ody EX-L w/navi&dvd
The other cars...

08 Nissan Altima Hybrid
GEN1HAWAII
MPVClub Addict
GEN1 Gear Head
MPVClub Addict

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

papabear wrote:
Thanks for poking your head in the club once and awhile Gen1. Your valuable insight is always appreciated!

Mahalo and can't wait to take a trip back to the islands (maybe by next year with both the kids)!

ALOHA PAPA~

GOTTA VISIT THE CLUB AND FILL THE GAP EVERY NOW & THEN. I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR ISLAND VISIT.
BTW, GOOD LOOKING MPV YOU GOT THERE...

Cool

GEN-1-MPV~ GOTTA LOVE 'EM!!! BEYOND 60 AND COUNTING...I don't claim to be a "know-it-all". I only know what I have experienced on the MPV. I have owned a few, and have fixed a few, but everyday I learn something new.
hildac07
先生

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:34 am    Post subject: Re: HELP Where is the Fuel Filter??? 1989 MPV 3.0 Reply with quote

Moncler Outlet UK
Pandora Jewelry
Longchamp
Louboutin Shoes
Pandora Charm
Lebron James Shoes
Moncler UK
Kevin Durant Shoes
Pandora Sale
Pandora Jewelry
Pandora
Nike Air Force 1
Nike Shoes For Women
Christian Louboutin Shoes
Yeezy Boost 350 V2 Beluga 2.0
Polo Ralph Lauren
Timberlad Shoes
Nike Shoes For Men
Air Max Shoes
Adidas Sneakers
Air Max 90 Pas Cher
Yeezy Shoes
Adidas Outlet
Air Max
Pandora Charms Sale
Retro Jordan 11
Red Bottoms Shoes
Nike Outlet
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Puma Shoes For Men
Red Jordan 11

Hilda Cole
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MPVClub.com Forum Index -> 89-98 MPV All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: